PayPal Payments Pro

Vinc718

That sounds about right. What were you doing up do early this morning? I had to check on a server...

I get up and down at all hours, way behind on everything with an out of town trip. Now I guess I can play the waiting game with PP support to find the answer. They can make you really appreciate the support Matt offers ;)

Seems to of gone over, few blips, but only "eh" I have hit thus far, is a few customers had the full state names "Ohio" vs "OH" PayPal rejected those, and WHMCS cleared the card on file.

When I tried to correct the issue, PayPal shot this back via the Transaction Log:

L_ERRORCODE0 => 10536

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Data

L_LONGMESSAGE0 => The transaction was refused as a result of a duplicate invoice ID supplied. Attempt with a new invoice ID.

Not sure if this is something that can be coded around (maybe enumerate the core Inovice Number? 492.1 .2 .3 for each time it's retried?)

I dunno, but for the most part, without a hitch, few snags mainly due to out-dated customer information, so I am going to hound a few people and go from there, but only 4 failures, the rest went without a hitch.

More info - more worked than I thought, was going over the log, and the ones that were marked "Error" in WHMCS were actually good transactions

ACK => SuccessWithWarning
L_ERRORCODE0 => 10751
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Data
L_LONGMESSAGE0 => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a valid state in the billing address.

I have adjusted them and they kept failing, well PayPal recorded the payment via CC + Invoice# - so it won't let it come in again, because it has been paid - so I am going to manually park these as paid for now, guess I need to put in a bug report on this, but not a show-stopper for sure - all in all, if this is a lone bug in a new module, many kudos to the dev team, especially with how unhelpful it seems PP has been in supporting their gateway.

Those were the same 2 issues I ran into when I first tried to use PP PRo with AWBS.

The state must be a 2 state abbreviation.

As for the invoice number, I had that happen quite a bit also and when I talked to PP about it they directed me to setting where you can accept duplicate invoice numbers. However, I cannot find that setting under the Profile.

Glad to hear this might be doable after all.

John

Those were the same 2 issues I ran into when I first tried to use PP PRo with AWBS.

The state must be a 2 state abbreviation.

As for the invoice number, I had that happen quite a bit also and when I talked to PP about it they directed me to setting where you can accept duplicate invoice numbers. However, I cannot find that setting under the Profile.

Glad to hear this might be doable after all.

John

I posted the bug with the ACK = SuccessWithWarning - so hopefully it's something easy to correct, but all in all, even the one customer who failed due to a outdated card, was able to login, and make payment - so all in all, a smooth run, very happy indeed - it's nice to have funds at my disposal instantly vs. a 2-3 day wait on deposit to my account.

What about the state designation. Has Matt addressed that? I know it will fail if they don't use the state abbreviation. That was a major issue with AWBS, fortunately, I was able to change the code in that area to do the state dropdowns. PP only cares about the US states, other countries, they don't seem to care about what is sent in.

John

What about the state designation. Has Matt addressed that? I know it will fail if they don't use the state abbreviation. That was a major issue with AWBS, fortunately, I was able to change the code in that area to do the state dropdowns. PP only cares about the US states, other countries, they don't seem to care about what is sent in.

John

Well in this case, PP didn't really care, they just didn't send back an ACK response that I think Matt had a bit of code to work with, the transaction went thru on those with the error, the Risk Settings allow for that, for me that's where MaxMind is going to come into play, to more or less act as the firewall for transaction vs. letting PayPal.

So really there's not an issue, if two things happen:

1. PayPal get's everyone active Risk Controls.

2. Matt adds in support for the ACK "SuccessWithWarning" because it worked, the money is in my account, the system didn't know that though, so it marked it as failed.

So really it's not too big of a deal, probably just adding an additional logic to the case/if statement to include SuccessWithWarning as a sucessful transaction.

I went in and edited my template file for the order page and added the drop down for US customers. Everyone else can leave that to the default and it goes through. I wonder if doing that would help with that issue?

Search the forum for "state dropdown" there are a couple of threads on that with the code to add.

John

You are missing something there. Here's what mine looks like:

Country Monitor Accept 0

Maximum Amount Accept 0

PayPal Risk Model Accept 0

Yep looks like it, I will contact PP and see why.

Well I contacted PayPal almost a week ago about the risk controls we do not have and after 6 days got this response:

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your service request. We have recently encountered a large volume of emails. We do not intend on any customer waiting this long for a response. Please accept our apologies.

I have submitted a request to enable you to toggle the Risk Features.

Please allow us 48 to 72 hours to process this request.

So apparently those that do not have them can request them. I am awaiting the outcome now.