PayPal Payments Pro

Vinc718

I am doing recurring. I will have to wait a little long to see that it works, but everything has ran smooth so far.
We tested the module before release, and it was not suitable for recurring. Unless Matt has found a solution for the CVV.

• WHMCS CEO
We tested the module before release, and it was not suitable for recurring. Unless Matt has found a solution for the CVV.

PayPal doesn't allow payments to be submitted without the CVV number and it is illegal to store the CVV number so there can be no solution.

Matt

Maybe if enough people complain to PP they might change it. I would certainly move from e-onlinedata to PPPro. They'd pick up a bunch more business if they would.

They will recommend the solution they have available which is of course $60 vs $30 for US users.

We were happy to get the pro as we already process payments for online sales in house sales for 2 companies. (note:PayPalPro allows you to process for up to 5 businesses with one account) It also allows us to accept the CC payments on our website. It is just not suitable for a subscription, if the user wants to pay by subscription, that is the purpose of the PP subscription ;)

PayPal doesn't allow payments to be submitted without the CVV number and it is illegal to store the CVV number so there can be no solution.

Matt, thanks for clarifying the PP requirement for the CVV. I knew you had researched and found talk of some way around this, but had my doubts it could be done. I haven't had time to upgrade yet so I wasn't sure if the module had changed since testing. BTW thanks for adding it to WHMCS!

What about use of Risk Controls? I found it noted:

Configure this Risk Filter to determine how you would like to handle payments when the buyer does not enter a card security code or enters the wrong card security code.

The card security code is a three- or four-digit number usually found on the signature panel of a card. This fraud prevention tool has various names. Visa calls it CVV2, MasterCard calls it CVC2, and American Express calls it CID.

A valid card security code helps verify that your customer has a physical card with them when they place an order.

Seems pretty straight forward, I have set mine to simple accept since I have no customers presenting a CVV other than at the initial order - am I wrong in thinking this will help?

If it doesn't, is there a email address / ticket ID etc. we can all get behind to push for this function to be unlocked, I am really wanting to phase out my current provider.

Update

After changing that setting in my Profile's Risk Controls, I decided "Might as well test it" - and after 3 calls preventing me from getting it done right away, I just put in a test invoice, and told it to accept payment - worked without a hitch, no CVV on file - so here's to hoping it'll run on the cron tonight, as I have some billing scheduled to happen :)

You may be on to something there! I await the results of your test...
I explored this possibility whereas Matt found the info in the development forum whereas this could be turned of in the sandbox. Paypal development team didn't give a response for how this could be accomplished in "live" mode. I don't believe the option to accept CC payments in Pro is available without the authorization code.

It is in there now. Go to your Profiles and then to Risk Control. You can choose to accept payments without the CVV code. If you read the disclaimer fully, you will see in there where it says that accepting payments without the CVV code is one of the options.

John

It is in there now. Go to your Profiles and then to Risk Control. You can choose to accept payments without the CVV code. If you read the disclaimer fully, you will see in there where it says that accepting payments without the CVV code is one of the options.

John

Nope, not in mine unless I can't see!

Risk Controls 	Current Setting 	Payments Declined or Reported to You (Past 7 Days - Click to view transactions)
 Country Monitor 	 Accept 	0
 Maximum Amount 	 Accept 	0

Update

After changing that setting in my Profile's Risk Controls, I decided "Might as well test it" - and after 3 calls preventing me from getting it done right away, I just put in a test invoice, and told it to accept payment - worked without a hitch, no CVV on file - so here's to hoping it'll run on the cron tonight, as I have some billing scheduled to happen

ChuckB - What's the good news?

John

Some went last night - saw two go thru that used cards, but tonight's a big one, so we'll have to see! I'll post after the cron runs tonight.

I know in the PP forums some folks noted they didn't have all the Risk options, but the one that seems to go with CVV is "Card Security Code Filter" - I wonder if it's something to do with the amount of time with PayPal? Well we'll see tonight, if it goes thru fine, I'll post a note either way.

Some went last night - saw two go thru that used cards, but tonight's a big one, so we'll have to see! I'll post after the cron runs tonight.

I know in the PP forums some folks noted they didn't have all the Risk options, but the one that seems to go with CVV is "Card Security Code Filter" - I wonder if it's something to do with the amount of time with PayPal? Well we'll see tonight, if it goes thru fine, I'll post a note either way.

Hmm interesting concept. I have had a Paypal account since 199? early 199?'s which was switched to a business account on May 1, 2002 and Paypal pro for over 4 years. So seems that time would not affect this? I have a support ticket in and will post the result though. Maybe there is another setting somewhere that enables the additional menu item? The Payflow pro was created for the subscription payments though and support made that very clear when I asked about it originally.

Hmm interesting concept. I have had a Paypal account since 199? early 199?'s which was switched to a business account on May 1, 2002 and Paypal pro for over 4 years. So seems that time would not affect this? I have a support ticket in and will post the result though. Maybe there is another setting somewhere that enables the additional menu item? The Payflow pro was created for the subscription payments though and support made that very clear when I asked about it originally.

Well I have been around since the X.com days, and shortly after it became PayPal and Business accounts came around, I got bizified - so who knows, I am just hopeful that it will work, as it would simplify and speed up my billing.

PP Pro for 4 years? I though that just came out in the last 18 months or so. Time sure flys...
Not sure when it came out, but went back and looked. Processed my first card with pro in June 2005. ...so make that a little over 2 years ;(. Time hasn't flown as fast as suspected ;)