New Domain Renewal Feature for customers in 3.4

Si

Hi,

Upgraded to the eagerly awaited 3.4 yesterday....thanks Matt...worked a treat.

One question though that is baffling me.

Customers can now manage their domains, (great), but on this page, clientarea.php?action=domaindetails they can also 'RENEW DOMAIN'. I understand this new feature works brilliantly for domains you can register up to 10 years and domains that you can add years to, but should the option stop appearing for UK domains? or is there a way of turning it off?

UK domains can only be registered for 2 years at a time, and once registered, they cannot have years added to them until 90 days before their due date.

The Renew Domain option appears to show up and work (with no rules stopping it) on UK domains which have just been registered.

I'm only in a testing environment at present, so I could be wrong on this, which is why I'm asking for some clarification on this.

I know I could alter the .tpl file to remove the Renew button, but don't want to lose that functionality on my US domains etc.

Thanks

Si

P.S. In the case of US domains that are registered for 8 years already, does the system stop the customer from paying for a renewal which takes it past the 10 year renewal date? This is not allowed by registrars and I don't want customers ordering and paying for years when it's not possible for their domain to be registered that far in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't that button there so that clients can renew domains that are about to expire.

I am honestly not to sure how WHMCS handles domains to be renewed.

As far as I can tell (and correct me if I am wrong) Domains will not renew with either Nominet or Enom (for example) until the client clicks on the renew button.

Or will they auto renew once the invoice for renewal has been paid.

Sorry for basic question - but that is what I assumed that button was for.

• WHMCS CEO

The renew anytime feature lists all the renew options you have setup for a TLD. It does not obey the registrar rules and hide options based on what can be done. That would be something you would need to add to the template to instruct your users what can and can't be done.

As far as I can tell (and correct me if I am wrong) Domains will not renew with either Nominet or Enom (for example) until the client clicks on the renew button. Or will they auto renew once the invoice for renewal has been paid.

Domains will renew either when the client orders it or when the renewal invoice is paid. The client does not have to use the renew option in the client area.

Matt