VAT addon not working

Jan38

hi all,

the VAT addon for EU countries does not work, customers from inside the netherlands (where i am also) fill in their tax number but every time it fails.

is there some workaround available or at least an updated version? this on is from 2011 seems lika ages ago... :mad:

Hi Jan,

the VAT addon for EU countries does not work, customers from inside the netherlands (where i am also) fill in their tax number but every time it fails.

fails in what sense? it doesn't validate the number correctly??

one thing that I did notice when testing was that it does require the country code along with the number - so for netherlands, that will mean NL at the start of the number - if the customers don't use NL, then it won't be accepted.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?97683-whmcs-vat-addon-doesn-t-validate-the-VAT&p=407787#post407787

is there some workaround available or at least an updated version? this on is from 2011 seems lika ages ago... :mad:

I think the one in the App Store from 2011 is for older versions of WHMCS - but each of the recent v5.1+ (full) versions has included the EU VAT Addon in the modules/addons folder.

I just checked our installation and it seems we were using v5.3.7 - this was the last version to be updated and included in the incremental updates... but checking the v5.3.11 full (not the incremental) download, there seems to be a version from December 2014 that has a different filesize.

so you may want to grab the latest full download, upload the EU VAT addon folder from it to your whmcs installation and see if it fixes your issue.