Support Operators receiving Access Denied when TOTP Activated

MTKBillH

Hello,

I have an Administrator set up in the Support Operator role. All has gone well until now. I purchased the TOTP 2 Factor Authentication from WHMCS some time back for using Google Authenticator (I get very few tickets so yesterday was the first time this Adnin had to log in in a while).

When I set the Administrator to Support Operator and I have the Enable for Staff checked in the TOTP 2FA, I get an Access Denied error. This error page remains instead of the login until I clear the cache in my browser. This has happened with Opera, Chrome and Firefox. I also have the Force Administrators to use 2 Factor Authentication checked on the bottom left side of the page as well.

I am using WHMCS 5.3.11.

Any help would be appreciated to be able to force my support operators to 2FA.

Bill.. .. .

John,

Here is the URL: https://mtkhosting.com/mtkadmin/accessdenied.php?permid=3

Here is the information displayed on the page in the screen shot:

accessdenied.PNG

As I mentioned, in order to login after that occurs I have to clear the browser's cookies.

I did change the roll of my techsupport login to Sales Operator and everything worked fine. So it appears it is only occurring when I have the role set to Support Operator causes this to occur.

Bill.. .. .

accessdenied.JPG

John,

Sorry for this second post. After my previous answer, it dawned on me what you meant. The 2 Factor Authentication takes the Support Operation to their My Account page to set up the 2FA. The Support operator does not have access to the My Account page by default in WHMCS. I went in and changed it so the Support Operator would have access to the My Account Page and everything is working fine now.

Thank you,

Bill.. .. .

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a related issue. I am brand new to WHMCS. I have added a department for our support and create a support rep, gave him access to the my account page, but when I go to login on the client portal login page, it won't allow him to login with this username and password I gave him? Where do support reps login? What other permissions do I need to assign to that department for them to be able to answer tickets?

Thanks, love the system by the way!