.htpasswd generator module- allow clients to create .htpasswd compatible passwords right from WHMCS!

wdele

Hi there! :)

I've created a module for WHMCS which allows your clients to create a .htpasswd compatible password in one click from your WHMCS client area!

Features:

• allows clients to generate .htpasswd compatible passwords in one click
  • not encrypted (no ionCube, thus faster)
  • no branding
  • forces SSL (if page was not requested with https:// plugin will redirect to https:// for security)
  • if not logged in, it's not possible to use the module
  • very easy to modify

Screenshots:

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-16 om 20.17.41.png

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-16 om 20.18.17.png

Requirements:

• PHP 5.3
  • WHMCS 5.3.8 or later

Installation:

Simply unzip the download, and upload the module to YourWHMCS/modules/addons. Replace YourWHMCS with your WHMCS path (e.g. /home/test/public_html/clients).

Then go to your client area -> Setup -> Addon Modules, find the addon in the list and click 'Activate', then click 'Configure'. Then select 'Full Administrator'.

Configuration:

There's an Addons -> .htpasswd generator link available, but that's a page WHMCS creates by default. There's actually nothing to configure there.

Access:

When logged in, clients can access the generator, otherwise they will be redirected to the login page. You can access the module with the following URL:

[i]YourWHMCS[/i]/index.php?m=htpasswdgenerator

Replace YourWHMCS with your WHMCS path (e.g. /home/test/public_html/clients).

You can add a menu item if you'd like clients to be able to access it via your WHMCS menu. This is very easy to do. If your using a custom template, simply find your menu (common location is YourTemplateDirectory/header.tpl).

I'll give some instructions for the 'default' template here.

Go to YourWHMCS (Replace YourWHMCS with your WHMCS path (e.g. /home/test/public_html/clients)) and open the 'templates' directory. Then open 'default' and edit the file 'header.tpl'.

Search for

<div class="navbar navbar-fixed-top">

and add a new item:

<li><a id="Menu-htpasswd" href="index.php?m=htpasswdgenerator">.htpasswd generator</a></li>

Price:

Fully decoded, with no branding = FREE!

This includes lifetime updates and support.

To download, please click: http://adf.ly/uHBzr

FAQ:

What is .htpasswd?

With .htaccess (a file you probably know) Apache's basic authentication can be setup. This needs to be done with the ".htpasswd" file, a file in which you can create and remove users. .htpasswd doesn't store passwords in plain text, and therefore this module must be used in order to create a .htpasswd compatible password!

Edited by wdele

also, I think you may have posted this in the wrong section as I believe "User Contributions" is only for free stuff (e.g posted code or free download) - if you're charging for this, then it's a commercial module.

Please let me inform you that the module is actually free :)

Thanks. I see that you have a hosting company as well- would your customers like a .htpasswd generator? ;)

Unfortunately times are hard and i have no customers, i had several but they either gave up their internet business, retired, or sadly passed away. So im down to my own sites is all i have right now. Tough times but it is what it is.

Unfortunately times are hard and i have no customers, i had several but they either gave up their internet business, retired, or sadly passed away. So im down to my own sites is all i have right now. Tough times but it is what it is.

Too bad. Good luck with getting new customers!