Pre Purchase Questions

CAP

Question

Hello !

I am currently looking at purchasing whmcs and i have some questions first if some would answer them that would be great.

I will start off by giving you a idea of my current system setup and what i wish to achieve using whmcs !

Currently i own and operate my own server equipment from my home and for hosting a mix of services. Mainly lots of dell m710 blades running a mix of VMs running on around 45 blades and 10-15 dedicated dell r710s and some older dell 2590. Right now i don't use any billing and client management system more like a spread sheet with accounts on it.

I need to simplify this and use a automated solution like whmcs but i am in a but a tight spot every server all most i have runs windows server 2012 r2 datacenter and hyper v with lots of ubuntu and cent os VMs and a few windows vms of course. Now i have looked every where to find a auto provisioning system for hyper v and client control panel and as far as i see they do not exist but i did find a application call websitepannel that looks like it works with whmcs and allows my clients to manage there hyper v vms if thats the case i dont mind to manually provisioning hyper v vms but no matter what i need a client app to control them and do reboots shutdowns from a client portal. Also i would like to get into some shared hosting and i was considering buy paralells plesk automation to automate all 100% shared hosting billing account creation disk space etc.. and i see that it works well with whmcs.

Ok so i will start with the questions i guess :cry:

1. Does whmcs have any way to work with hyper v to have a client panel for reboot shutdown etc?

2. Does whmcs have any way to auto provision hyper v vms and such too?

3. What other hyper-visors work with whmcs that can do auto provisioning and have full client control pannels that work with whmcs ?

4. What Shared hosting systems work with whmcs to run 100% of the shared hosting systems from sales to provisioning, client control, disk usage monitors bandwidth etc like paralells plesk 12 ?

Sorry i know its alot

Thank You

Sincerely

CAP

3 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WHMCS. To answer your questions:

1. We do not offer an official module for use with Hyper-V.

2. I did find the following third party addon which might be of interest to you: http://www.vmunify.com/product-overview/connectors/whmcs-connector/

Please note we are unable to provide advice or support for third-party addons or mods.

3. HyperVM, FluidVM, SolusVM, Cloudmin and Virtualizor: http://docs.whmcs.com/Server_Modules

4. cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin (all versions) and WebsitePanel (v1.x) are the main ones.