Automatic Username Generation?

Dtorr1981

Hi All,

I'm a brand newbie to WHMCS and have been tinkering for a while. I'm now breaking things down and attempting to set things up and test them out. So firstly, when i am purchasing a hosting only package (using test credentials) the package does not automatically set up due to a missing username in whmcs? Is there a way to generate this automatically so i do not have to enter one manually?

Best Regards

Donna

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

By default the username is based upon the domain entered for the service, so make sure you're entering a domain into the order form. You can tick the "Require Domain" option in the product configuration (Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services > Edit) to prompt for one on the public order form.

Alternatively you can have WHMCS generate random usernames by switching it on; Setup > General Settings > Ordering tab.