About Developer/test and production instance

ITGabs

Question

Hi,

I am in trial, probably I will keep using WHMCS

I already setup my services, gateways, and a production configuration, in theory I am ready to go to production

But I am having problems to integrate the Enom module and other modules that right now are not a real priority.

I need to test more but I want to create a test or a dev version of what I have now and stop a bit while I am moving my customers to the system.

I read this from a mod in the forum from 2012

With direct license purchases we offer a free developers license, and if you need more than one development license we offer additional dev licenses at $45 each. The only restrictions with the dev whmcs license is it can not be used for live sales, so that means you must either install it in a localhost environment or that you install it in a password protected directory of "dev.example.com" matching the same domain where you have your paid key.

So that sounds good in theory I need just to work in dev.example.com or maybe can I create a example.com/dev_whmcs new install?

What I need is play with the sandbox of the different gateways, for example enom, paypal, or other gateways for South America, integrate my own scripts, etc, a localhost will not work with callbacks and really I prefer to use a dev site with the exactly same functionality that production.

-Gabriel

2 answers to this question

you can get a dev license for free if you have Owned License purchased directly from WHMCS website, the dev license can be used in the same domain (sub domain or sub folder) so you can test all your configuration in real install then apply this configurations to the production install.