Using WHMCS as demo for template

kuki

Question

Hello everyone :)

I'm making HTML template which I plan to sell on marketplace. And I also wanted to adjust WHMCS (header, footer...) to look like it.

I find it inconvenient to pay for it on a monthly basis since I wil be using it as a showcase to my clients.

So is there any free/demo license which I can use for that purpose only?

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

I don't think that you can use a development license for such a purpose - e.g on a publicly available site - it either has to be run locally or passworded... also, I think monthly leased users can get a dev license free too.

however, I think the OP doesn't want to pay for whmcs at all - perhaps if you only want to use whmcs to showcase your template, it might be an option to find a current whmcs user who is willing to host your template on their site for you... how you would find such a user, I don't know - perhaps posting in Marketplace (though i'm unsure if that's the right place).

if you do find one, then you can then add a link to their site with a redirect to your specific template - e.g, the whmcs demo site uses the default template, but you can easily switch it to use another template...

demo.whmcs.com/?systpl=classic

demo.whmcs.com/?systpl=portal

so the whmcs user's site can continue to use their own template, but you would be able to access your template for your demo.

alternatively, if anyone ever buys the template and uses it, maybe you could give them a discount if they allow it to be used as a demo.

@kuki - Brian is pretty much spot on with his reply (as always) but there are a few more options I would like to mention.

1) WHMCS does offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

and

2) There are several hosting providers that offer WHMCS as a free addon to their hosting solutions. Not sure if you already pay for hosting but you could transfer to a different company that offers WHMCS which would negate the need for a direct WHMCS license.

--Thanks