"Special Offer" display WITHIN billing area or client?

basic

Hello All:

Is anyone aware if there is a way to display any sort of "Special Offers" info/ads within the client's billing area ... or in the header, AFTER a client has logged in? For example, customers who only have domain registrations with us could see an offer for hosting ... has not to be very sophsticated, but is there any way to do this without too much coding? (The more coding the more work when upgrading whmcs.)

Thanks.

John

Edited by basic

Your best bet is probably going to be a custom module to accomplish this task. There is a similar module in the WHMCS App Store called "Order Offer Module" but it only adds offers at check out time. Perhaps if you talk to the developer he can customize this module to include the client area.

You can also look at ModulesGarden's service of custom module creation.

--THanks

i'm wondering if there isn't a simpler solution to this - perhaps using announcements or a twitter feed... they'd be the least sophisticated / simplest coding solutions I can think of.

I guess this depends on your site, but if you were using the Default theme, the latest announcement is shown on the Client Area homepage in a yellow box... I suspect it could be modified to show relative announcements, e.g hosting offers to domain only customers, but that would need some coding at least.

Would this work for you:

====================

This module lets you post alerts to your customers directly from your admin area. With Informer, you can now filter and choose exactly who receives these notifications:

Target users on certain servers

Users with certain services, either a mixture or all Active, Suspended + all the other status options in WHMCS

Clients with certain domain extensions / TLDs, either Active, Pending, Expired and the rest.

This module allows you to fine grain control which users can see the alerts, it is very powerful.

http://www.bluetipsoftware.com/whmcs-modules/informer/