WHMCS suddenly quit working and is displaying install screen

lahatte

I have a bit of an emergency. After many years of use, our WHMCS suddenly quit working and is displaying the install screen that says:

Welcome to WHMCS!

Before you can begin using WHMCS you need to perform the installation procedure. Click here to begin...

The license is fine, it auto renews every year with my server company. (I purchased WHMCS through them a long time ago)

What could have happened? How can I fix this? We currently can't collect money...

Thanks

UPDATE

The configuration.php file was missing. I don't know how it was deleted.

I reuploaded the backup copy of configuration.php and WHMCS started working again.

I noticed on July 3rd I added a line of code to configuration.php to display the correct timezone. WHMCS runs a cron job at midnight BUT it displays the time incorrectly, it's 5hrs off (05:00 instead of 00:00)... so i added the following code to configuration.php:

date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago');

I added the code before the

?>

WHMCS was still working fine after uploading the new configuration.php file.

I noticed today that the cron job never ran again and the configuration.php file was gone.

What would cause configuration.php to delete?