Moving WHMCS to new hosting company? License, ENOM other things to think about?

bobrandklev

We are going to a new hosting company and leaving Hostgator.

It's a full WHM export/import of 50 plus accounts.

Our name server hosts records will be updated so after the data is copied to the new server it's a matter of a couple IP address changes.

My questions are around WHMCS:

I'll need a new license

I'll need to notify ENOM of the new IP for domain registrations/renewals

In WHMCS my server and automation settings will need to be updated.

Is there anything else to consider or think about ahead of time?

-snip-[

Hey Bob,

I recently moved my WHMCS install from one hosting company to another. Here is a list of what I had to do:

- Set WHMCS to maintenance mode to prevent any new tickets and orders before the move

- "Reissue" my WHMCS license

- Give eNom my new IP address so that domain orders would go through

- Update my WHM api, and any other APIs to accept my new WHMCS IP.

- Set up all my new email addresses to pipe to WHMCS again

- Backup files and Database before move ;)

- At the top of my email import PHP script, I had to put something like #!/var/usr/php. This tells the script where PHP lives so that it can work properly. I had to change this to the new path when I moved.

YMMV, and Good luck!

-DarthCanac

Hello bobrandklev,

The steps provided by DarthCaniac are a good place to start. The major step you do not want to skip is backing up everything. You should not need to buy a new license during this process as you can just re-issue your current license to work with the new IP address. For more information please see - http://docs.whmcs.com/Licensing.

--Thanks

Hello bobrandklev,

The steps provided by DarthCaniac are a good place to start. The major step you do not want to skip is backing up everything. You should not need to buy a new license during this process as you can just re-issue your current license to work with the new IP address. For more information please see - http://docs.whmcs.com/Licensing.

--Thanks

Thanks everyone, great ideas.

FYI I'm copying the site from one host to another so I'll have a backup in place and a fall back if things go bad... but I don't think that will happen.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

If your licence is provided by Hostgator then you will need to buy a new licence from us if you're leaving them. The licences issued by Hostgator are only for use on their servers.

However if you already have a licence purchased directly from us, then you'll just need to reissue it as Ryan said.