Paypal Subscriptions

redham

I have a client that I can't get Paypal Subscriptions activated for. Every month he gets a payment reminder when he has already paid via Paypal Subscriptions. He has a couple of private IPs that Paypal Subscriptions work fine on.

I have made sure that the correct subscription number is showing on his "Products/Services" client page in WHMCS but it just won't pick up the Paypal subscription.

Has anyone got any ideas about what could be the matter.

Thanks

redham

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this is weird. Some of the existing PayPal subs work, some don't. We just had three PayPal subs come through and not one of them showed up in the gateway log. A preexisting sub two days ago came through, logged, and marked paid without issue.

These are all preexisting subs. We have the IPN URL set to "/modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php" according to the module instructions.

Whatever, not that much of a pain just weird.

Same thing here.

3 paypal subscription payments came in. Two appeared in the gateway and worked, The third one did not even appear in the log... strange.

I won't bother contacting paypal about it, because they will just send one of their robotic responses, and the original question never seems to sink into their thick skull.

• WHMCS CEO

Just two things I'd like to point out:

1. When a subscription is created and a callback url is specified, the callbacks always go to that location regardless of what is entered in your PayPal account for the IPN Url. And PayPal offer no ways of changing it. Therefore, if you move your WHMCS then previous subscriptions from that won't work and if you have subscriptions from other systems, they usually will have an url of that system set.

2. The gateway log will list all callbacks that have made it to the WHMCS callback file and the result of the callback - whether it was successfully applied, error if it couldn't find the account to apply to, or invalid if it fails to verify the call came from the PayPal server.

Matt

I have been struggling with a callback that keeps posting to the wrong account. The subscription ids are correct and the proper account appears in WHMCS under due payments. Then when posted it pays another subscription account and changes the PP subscription id. I have watched this occur every time for the last 3 months. When I first started with WHMCS in January it was working fine for this account :(

Just two things I'd like to point out:

1. When a subscription is created and a callback url is specified, the callbacks always go to that location regardless of what is entered in your PayPal account for the IPN Url. And PayPal offer no ways of changing it. Therefore, if you move your WHMCS then previous subscriptions from that won't work and if you have subscriptions from other systems, they usually will have an url of that system set.

2. The gateway log will list all callbacks that have made it to the WHMCS callback file and the result of the callback - whether it was successfully applied, error if it couldn't find the account to apply to, or invalid if it fails to verify the call came from the PayPal server.

Matt

Actually this would explain away almost all of the problems I'v encountered.

Thanks for the informatiom.