domain contact information order form

molcomp

Hi

Can anyone suggest an idea how to display fields for input for registrar, admin and tech contact information in the order form. Currently in whmcs if you mark use client details for domain registration it will put client details information in all three contacts registrar/admin/tech. If you choose not to use client details it gives a form to input new contact information but those contact information will be used only for registrar information while for the admin and tech information it will use the default whmcs hosting company details set in the general settings. Whmcs passed two contact information to the registrar one is registrar information which is used from either client details or from the new contacts while the admin/tech contact details are used from either default client details or default whmcs hosting provider details. Additionaly the default client details information are classified by clientdetails variable while the additional contact details are classified by domaincontactdetails. I am not sure where this connection between whmcs contact and the registrar contacts are set so I can alter it to use client contacts for admin/tech in the registrar. Any help is appreciated.

Alex

Correct. I want one set for the input of registrar contact infomration and another set for input of admin/tech contact informtion. Basically I need something like the form that shows up when you click on registrar command - modify contact details . I need form like that to show up on the order form.

Thanks

Alex

Alex,

I think the problem is while I would be relatively easy to modify the form to obtain these details, you'd need a way to pass it onto the registrar via the API... the registrar modules are all encrypted, so you might need to write your own or try and find a commercially available one.

you'll probably either need to post a request in marketplace for this and pay someone to do the coding, or post in the feature requests - http://requests.whmcs.com/ - and hope that it generates enough interest for whmcs to add the option to a future release.

Hello Brian

Thank you for your help and advises. I have created already a custom registrar module and it is working fine. The problem is that the registrar module communicates with whmcs for domain contacts via 2 variables register details and admin details. Whmcs passed info to register contact either from client details field or the new domain contact option. The register contact more or less is ok this way. However the admn/tech contact info in the registrar module are received from whmcs either from default client details or from default whmcs setting in general settings. I dont see what variable to set in order template to connect with admin registrar params var

Alex

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the typos, tablet kbd :)