Can I do hosting order setup without invoicing?

I used to use WHMCS to do everything, but I have now moved to Harvest for invoicing. I would still like to use WHMCS to do the auto setup of hosting accounts, generate the new account e-mails, etc., but I want to invoice through Harvest. How can I stop WHMCS from generating an invoice when someone creates a new hosting account?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

As a billing system, the generation of invoices is a fundamental part of WHMCS' logic, so regrettably you would not easily be able to prevent invoice generation when a client places an order.

That said, I will move this to the Customisation forum as someone may be able to suggest a way to achieve this (but will certainly involve coding on your part).

I don't think you can stop the auto-generation of invoices unless someone can customise it, however you could always just disable the email from being sent. That can be done by going into all of the invoice email templates and select 'Tick this box to disable this email from being sent'. I would have thought that would at least stop the client receiving them.

Thinking about it too...you can create an order manually and select that it does not generate an invoice so I would have thought if the above doesn't work there must be an easy customisation to stop it on the auto ones too....if the feature is already built in then it's just a case of linking it....