View PDF button directs to login page

shwoo

Getting super frustrated with this one.... I've been troubleshooting this issue since I got my WHMCS licence a year or so ago. There are many mentions of this bug in threads but no valid solution anywhere!

The VIEW PDF button on dmin/invoices.php?action=edit& redirects to the client login screen instead of showing a pdf.

The DOWNLOAD PDF button also used to do this but I was able to fix it editing viewinvoice.tpl .... this template is now encrypted in the latest version so I'm totally locked out.

Please advise fix for this asap. Thanks

Shwoo,

I am able to view a pdf invoice without issue from the admin interface on my 5.3.6 test installation. Can you open a ticket with our Technical Analysts so they can investigate this further? There may be a problem with redirects, or the system URL, or the php installation all of which can cause trouble rendering pdf's; but all of that depends on your local installation.

Thanks for the report,

Nate C

This issue might be caused by your DNS. Are you sure you have added the rules below into your .htacces file?

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.YOURHOST\.com$

RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/YOURHOST\.com\/" [R=301,L]

Kind regards,

Davey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Davey, thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay, I didn't get an email notification after subscribing to the thread.

I tried putting that in the .htaccess file, no joy. I'll create a ticket. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that I just updated from 5.2.16 to 5.3.7 and have the same error. A look at the source shows the urls as having the url ../dl.php which of course is sending the request down on level.

<input type="button" value="Printable Version" class="button" onclick="window.open('../viewinvoice.php?id=13312','windowfrm','menubar=yes,toolbar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=750,height=600')" />

<input type="button" value="View PDF" class="button" onclick="window.open('../dl.php?type=i&id=13312&viewpdf=1','pdfinv','')" />

<input type="button" value="Download PDF" class="button" onclick="window.location='../dl.php?type=i&id=13312'" />

Has a fix been released or is this in a template we can edit?

Regards

Shane

Shane,

So the code which generates a PDF invoice is shared between the client side and the admin side. The fact that it sends you down a level is expected.

If that link is not working for you, please open a ticket so we can investigate your environment further and track down exactly what is going on there.

Have a great day,

Nate