Affiliate Multi-Currency Conversion Problem

When having multiple currencies, and different clients using different currencies, the affiliate system does not convert the commission correctly.

Example/Reproduction:

1. User 1 has their currency set to GBP and has an affiliate account giving 25% commission.

2. User 1 refers a new user (User 2) in America who signs up for a $100 account and has their currency as USD.

3. User 2 makes a payment, and User 1 correctly receives 25% of the payment value, however it uses the affiliate's local currency for the affiliate credit, crediting £25 instead of $25. This is of course incorrect, as it should be $25 converted to GBP, ending up at around £15 instead.

Solution: Don't assume the currency is the same and instead perform currency conversion.

I noticed this today, but in my case affiliate and the referred client both are in INR, but then applied credit to invoice, it said "Success

$675.00 USD credit was successfully added to the invoice"

Everywhere else it's Rs. (INR), but just that line says $ & USD.

No, that's actually a completely different issue entirely:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?87491-Wrong-currency-display-when-adding-credit-to-invoice

The problem and bug report here relates to affiliate payments and has nothing to do with adding a credit on invoices.

- - - Updated - - -

For those interested, this was "confirmed" as a bug via WHMCS support ticket and allocated Case ID #3066.

"This is slated to be resolved in the 5.3.7 branch of WHMCS."

Judging by the case ID this has been a known issue for some time....

Edited by JulesR

Jules,

This issue has been reported before and thus we have a case already created for it. In the original bug report (and I tested this to confirm on my test install) it was noted that the affiliate payout is actually converted into the correct currency, it just shows the commission prefixed with the wrong currency. For example:

My affiliate payout is: 25%, the client ordered in USD, the affiliate uses GBP. So for a 101.00 dollar order, in USD the commission is: 25.25. However since the current USD -> GBP is .59839, the payout was 15.11 GBP.

ID Signup Date Client Name Product/Service Commission Last Paid Product Status

1 14/04/2014 Test User Default Hosting$101.00 USD Monthly $15.11 USD 14/04/2014 Pending

This is a bug, but the issue is the labelling, not the underlying accounting.

Have a great day,

Nate C