Login to cPanel button doesn't work since 5.3.3 upgrade

Tee

Since the 5.3.3 upgrade the Login to Control Panel button in the client's My Services section has not worked, it's not clickable at all. The Login to Webmail button does work and directs the user to a webmail login.

I'm using a theme customised version of the 'Default' template. Only the header.tpl and footer.tpl are modified, the clientareaproductdetsils.tpl is the standard file released with v5.3.3

I have re-edited the header and footer tpl files from new clean versions several times, removing various javascript calls, ensuring everything is properly wrapped in smarty literals etc.

When using the unmodified version of the Default template the Login to cPanelbutton works as expected, so what could be interfering?

The page source for the buttons (in my modified template) shows:

<input type="submit" value="Login to cPanel" class="btn" />
<input type="button" value="Login to Webmail" onClick="window.open('http://domain.com:2095/')" class="btn" />

How is it that the Login to Webmail receives the url and the Login to cPanel does not?

I've trawled previous threads on this issue for about a week and none of the solutions in the related topics has helped me resolve the situation. Any suggestions gratefully received.

is your <form> link correct above the buttons ? your server settings should be correct if it's working with the unaltered template...

in mine, i'm seeing...

<form action="http://domain.com:2082/login/" method="post" target="_blank">
<input type="hidden" name="token" value="xxx" />
<input type="hidden" name="user" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="pass" value="" />
<input type="button" value="Login to Webmail" onClick="window.open('http://domain.com:2095/')" class="btn" />
</form>

unless your header is messing with $moduleclientarea in some way (or a component of it), i'm not sure what could be causing it.

Hey Sentq, thanks for replying. How would I try this? Not sure as the element is autogenerated? What would I need to modify?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brian,

yep - very similar.Mine looks like this:

<div class="moduleoutput">

<form action="http://sub.domain.com:2082/login/" method="post" target="_blank">

<input type="hidden" name="token" value="xxxx" />

<input type="hidden" name="user" value="userid" />

<input type="hidden" name="pass" value="userpass" />

<input type="button" value="Login to Webmail" onClick="window.open('http://sub.domain.com:2095/')" class="btn" />

</form>

</div>

So I'm at a complete loss.

How would I determine if my header is messing with $moduleclientarea or any other variable? I've copied between the $headoutput mainly and only added CSS link tags above that. Is that not the correct way?

Everything else works, template-wise, it's just the Login to cPanel button that doesn't.

Thanks again

How would I determine if my header is messing with $moduleclientarea or any other variable? I've copied between the $headoutput mainly and only added CSS link tags above that. Is that not the correct way?

the usual trick is to add {debug} to the template (not header.tpl, but clientareaproductdetails.tpl) and put it after the end of the form... as it's $moduleclientarea that displays the form, put it after the div that calls it.

one other thought would be to open it in Chrome, inspect element at the login button and see if it throws up any errors or conflicts...

Everything else works, template-wise, it's just the Login to cPanel button that doesn't.

if the button is being displayed, but not linking - perhaps it's just css that's causing this? although it's difficult to say without seeing the site.

Guys thanks for all your input.

I was able to track the issue down to the fact that my theme added an additional bootstrap js call in the footer.tpl which I guess was conflicting with the WHMCS bootstrap implementation.

Removing the call to that script fixed the issue.

Thanks again, all your advice gave me great starting points on which to work!