One time payment

ToT

Question

5 answers to this question

I think it's one-time payment in the sense that you're not *automatically* charged again when it comes times to renew.

when registering them with OpenSRS, .ro domains are for 1 year only (hence 'one-time payment' ?); at the end of the year, you would then need to renew it... if that's the case, then you can treat them the same as any other tld in whmcs.

I have been through your link and can find no reference to the period of registration or renewal process... which is strange.

Hello brian,

for tld .RO you pay only one time and the domain will be active and yours until law change .

from http://rotld.ro/portal/pages/en/6/ :

The registration is 51,26$+VAT(24%), one-time payment. There is no yearly fee at present.

When yearly fee will be introduced, you will be informed.

there is the option to pay annually (like a .com domain) but most clients (over 95%) did not prefer this version .

Thanks.

oh how weird! :)

two thoughts occur to me... and i'm assuming your manually registering rather than using an API...

either treat it as a one-year registration and then change the next due date to ten+ years later to prevent renewal invoices being sent...

or set it up as a one-time product, though i'm not sure if you could integrate a domain search into that.

but to answer you're original question, out of the box you can't have a one-time domain payment... you'd have to find a way around it.

This is pretty unique. Out of the box WHMCS is not designed for this as the norm is 1 - 10 years registration, not one time. There are work arounds though but I'll reply to Brian's points as that should help you out more :).

and i'm assuming your manually registering rather than using an API....

The below can still be achieved via the API for automated registrations also.

either treat it as a one-year registration and then change the next due date to ten+ years later to prevent renewal invoices being sent...

Save the headache. Simply disable the registration years on this TLD from 1 - 9 years and then enter the one time price in the 10 year registration / transfer field. You can then play with template modifications to change 10 years to one time. Whilst this doesn't achieve what you want out of the box (WHMCS is not designed for this) it does give each domain name 10 years registration of which the annual fee may be implemented by then.

or set it up as a one-time product, though i'm not sure if you could integrate a domain search into that.

If the domain options are enabled then it will ignore the product price (one time) and the domain name will take its annual fee specified in the TLD pricing page. The best bet for the OP is to go with the method above ^^^ or build / have built a custom module to accomodate his needs.

Edited by Alex - Arvixe

You can then play with template modifications to change 10 years to one time.

Can you please give me a hint of where/what should I search? I have the same exact problem/request. I found the "orderyears" filed in the templates but I don't know exactly what to rename. Thanks!

Edited by Razva