Downgrading from WHMCS 5.3.3 to 5.2.15

udsw

We upgraded to 5.3.3 from 5.2.15 recently, and one of our plugins(that we MUST use) stopped working, which made the entire WHMCS installation to stop. Although, this issue has been corrected, there are a lot of issues that are being reported, and we would prefer to go back to 5.2.15 till 5.3.3 has stabilized. What are the downgrade steps? I have the backup of the database that was created prior to the update.

If you have a backup of the database, then all you need to do is to remove all the 5.3.3. files and replace with the 5.2.16 (or whatever version you were running when you backedup the db).

Then restore the db and your away.

I would question going back thou.. Unless you have a problem that is now specifically causing you an issue, I would stay with the 5.3.3 and then patch it as the patches come out.

Ive been using it on two installs and havnt had any problems - Thou, Im by no means a heavy user - But it does the basics like crons, registering, billing, real time payments etc - all smooth.