Domain Transfers: Cancelling Items and Refunding Funds

epretorious

After placing an order to transfer several domains from their previous registrar (Network Solutions) to our registrar (OpenSRS) and paying the invoice in-full, a customer's changed their mind about a few of the domains and would instead like to abandon the domains. The requests to transfer have been sent to the "winning" registrar (OpenSRS) but the process is not yet complete. (Network Solutions [i.e., the "losing" registrar] is very slow to respond so we can still manually reject the transfer at Network Solutions.)

What's the best way to refund the registration fee for those three domain names without deleting the order and recreating the order all over again? e.g., Should I...

1. change the status of the domain name from "Pending Transfer" to "Cancelled";
  2. delete the domain name transfer from the invoice, and;
  3. manually issue a credit?

Or is there a more direct method of removing the domain names from WHMCS and issuing a credit?

Edited by epretorious

I've changed the status of the domain names from "Pending Transfer" to "Cancelled" and deleted the domain name transfers from the invoice. Now the invoice shows a negative balance (i.e., an overpayment).

Will I need to manually issue a credit to the customer's account for the overpayment?