Custom name servers during purchase

MasL

Hello,

I am nearly done with my website but am having problems with ordering domains, it asks me if I want to create custom name servers. I don't want this feature available to customers, I want them to use my nameservers.

Is there a way to disable this?

Evidence: /http://prntscr.com/2dbzhq

Kind Regards,

Mas

you'll need to do two things...

firstly, in setup -> general settings -> domains, make sure that you have configured at least two name servers - you can't register domains without specifying name servers... you may also need to configure them with your registrar too.

then, if you want to remove the custom name server option completely for domain registrations, you'll need to edit the configuredomains.tpl template in your order form... e.g, if you were using modern, you would remove the following:

{if $atleastonenohosting}
<h2>{$LANG.domainnameservers}</h2>
<div id="domainconfig">
{$LANG.cartnameserversdesc}
<table align="center">
<tr><td width="120">{$LANG.domainnameserver1}:</td><td><input type="text" name="domainns1" size="40" value="{$domainns1}" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.domainnameserver2}:</td><td><input type="text" name="domainns2" size="40" value="{$domainns2}" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.domainnameserver3}:</td><td><input type="text" name="domainns3" size="40" value="{$domainns3}" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.domainnameserver4}:</td><td><input type="text" name="domainns4" size="40" value="{$domainns4}" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>{$LANG.domainnameserver5}:</td><td><input type="text" name="domainns5" size="40" value="{$domainns5}" /></td></tr>
</table>
</div>
{/if}

What if I am using an integration theme, because it's custom that code you sent me will change it all?

it should only remove the nameserver boxes when someone orders a domain without hosting.

the fact you're using an integration theme shouldn't matter - unless that theme comes with its own order forms... it's difficult to tell from your screenshot.

probably the best thing to do is to find which order form this product is using - either from General Settings or, if the product group is using another specified form, from Products/Services.

if it's "modern", then the above code removal should be fine... all the default order forms contain the following statement:-

{if $atleastonenohosting}

this is the block that generates the name server boxes you want to remove - everything from the above line to the closing {/if} statement.

thinking about it further, if you're uncomfortable about removing any code, then simply change the above line to...

{if $atleastonenohosting1}

that way all the code is still there, but the above variable shouldn't exist - so the code won't get used.

if it's a custom order form, then it should still use the {if $atleastonenohosting} code, but feel free to PM me the configuredomains.tpl template if it doesn't.

it should only remove the nameserver boxes when someone orders a domain without hosting.

the fact you're using an integration theme shouldn't matter - unless that theme comes with its own order forms... it's difficult to tell from your screenshot.

probably the best thing to do is to find which order form this product is using - either from General Settings or, if the product group is using another specified form, from Products/Services.

if it's "modern", then the above code removal should be fine... all the default order forms contain the following statement:-

this is the block that generates the name server boxes you want to remove - everything from the above line to the closing {/if} statement.

thinking about it further, if you're uncomfortable about removing any code, then simply change the above line to...

that way all the code is still there, but the above variable shouldn't exist - so the code won't get used.

if it's a custom order form, then it should still use the {if $atleastonenohosting} code, but feel free to PM me the configuredomains.tpl template if it doesn't.

I'll try it out now! I'll let you know if it doesn't work

Mas

- - - Updated - - -

Ok It worked, I've also got another problem.

How do I create drop down menu's on my WHMCS navigation bar?

I'd like it to look like this attachment

WHMCS Nav Bar example.png

that menu is defined by header.tpl in your template folder...

e.g., the far right dropdown menu, Account, uses the following code:

<ul class="nav pull-right">
<li class="dropdown"><a class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" href="#">{$LANG.account} <b class="caret"></b></a>
<ul class="dropdown-menu">
<li><a href="clientarea.php">{$LANG.login}</a></li>
<li><a href="register.php">{$LANG.register}</a></li>
<li class="divider"></li>
<li><a href="pwreset.php">{$LANG.forgotpw}</a></li>

however, with this being an integration, it's difficult to advise on this - if your dropdown menus already have that style and you just want to change the links, then it should just be a case of editing header.tpl with the appropriate changes... if the dropdowns are not using that style, then it will also require css changes too.

that menu is defined by header.tpl in your template folder...

e.g., the far right dropdown menu, Account, uses the following code:

<ul class="nav pull-right">
<li class="dropdown"><a class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" href="#">{$LANG.account}****<b class="caret"></b></a>
<ul class="dropdown-menu">
<li><a href="clientarea.php">{$LANG.login}</a></li>
<li><a href="register.php">{$LANG.register}</a></li>
<li class="divider"></li>
<li><a href="pwreset.php">{$LANG.forgotpw}</a></li>

however, with this being an integration, it's difficult to advise on this - if your dropdown menus already have that style and you just want to change the links, then it should just be a case of editing header.tpl with the appropriate changes... if the dropdowns are not using that style, then it will also require css changes too.

I'll give it a go