Language Scroll Down menu does not work

didier1

Hi Guys, recently I noticed that the language scroll down menu does not work. I don't believe it was due to any change on our side. As far as I remember, we changes so value in the french.php.

I removed it from the install but it still does not work.

all the files in lang folder are in lower cases.

Go check the exact symptom at :

http://www.hostingwebexpert.ca

thanks

D

I suspect the problem will be one of two problems - maybe both!

either whmcs doesn't like the brackets in the filename - you have a file in your lang directory called "french(current).php" - you could try renaming it french-current.php... remember that you can't have spaces in the filename and also that the filename is used as the language name in the dropdown.

or when you try to open "french(current).php", you get the following PHP error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) or ${ (T_DOLLAR_OPEN_CURLY_BRACES) or {$ (T_CURLY_OPEN) in /home/iwehost/public_html/whmcs/lang/french(current).php on line 81

i'd suggest checking the second issue first and correct the PHP error - if that still doesn't work, then correct the filename and then it should.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for the tips, however with both errors corrected, this is still not working. I could swap to English or French in my WHMCS localisations settings and I will get the proper language display. The problem is with the scroll down menu for language selection that will default back to whaterever I selected in my WHMCS localisation setting.

I wonder if it has something to do with the zoomex php translation file as there is also French.php, english.php and arabic.php.

How did you figure how to display the php error message.

thanks.

P.S. as you notices, I removed the french(current) and make sure that french.php was correct ( it was missing a ';')

if you could log into whmcs.com, you should be able to get them by downloading the latest full version, v5.2.15, clicking on your license link and downloads...

btw - did you try changing templates? if there's an issue with the language files, it should affect all templates - if it's just with your current template, then the fault most likely won't lie with the language files.

one further thought, and I don't know if this is relevant, but comparing your language dropdown code to the default dropdown shows that yours is missing a hidden field that is present in the default language dropdown:

your code...

<div align="left" class="langswitcher">
<form method="post" action="/index.php" name="languagefrm" id="languagefrm">
<strong>Language:</strong>
<select name="language" onchange="languagefrm.submit()">
</select>
</form>
</div>

the default language dropdown...

<div align="right">
<form method="post" action="/index.php" name="languagefrm" id="languagefrm">
<input type="hidden" name="token" value="** token value **" />
<strong>Language:</strong>
<select name="language" onchange="languagefrm.submit()">
</select>
</form>
</div>

the important line being...

<input type="hidden" name="token" value="** token value **" />

so I don't know if, or how important, the above hidden value is to making the language dropdown work - it is set by whmcs in the default code, so perhaps to obtain your token value, you need to switch to a default template, make a note of your token - then add the hidden code to your own dropdown and see if it makes any difference.