Is WHMCS what I need or something else?

jbariel

Question

Hello - I currently resell an online computer backup service and I have had my joomla site integrated with WHMCS. It has worked well for recurring backup subscriptions.

I have recently partnered with someone to develop a SaaS and mobile app. I am having the developers integrate the site with Quantum Gateway, but realizing they are not building in very good client management stuff to the site. The SaaS will be subscription based and access will be provided or limited simply based on the companies main account login. If they are paid and active they company has access. If their account is delinquent or cancelled etc then their user access needs to be disabled.

Is WHMCS a good option for managing just a subscriptions based business? I don't need any form of hosting/domain stuff. We won't be doing software licensing in the traditional sense.

I have review http://www.whmcs.com/features/other-uses/ and from me experience it seems it should work, but I don't know if there is something better for this type of business.

Thanks

Jason

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the info. I had our developers look into it, and they say since we are developing in .net that it won't work. I have read a little about .net and the API but I don't know if it is true that it simply doesn't work? Most of the links in other posts on how to make it work are dead.

If it works what can you do through the api? Everything?

Are there similar products to WHMCS for .net?

Thanks?

Edited by jbariel