Forced API Denial ?

Si

Question

Question about the operational aspect of WHMCS :-

If customers have an invoice raised on the 1st of the month which is due on the 30th, and they plan to wait until the 29th of the month to pay, but register a domain on the 15th of the month, will the domain registration api run (or not), because they don't have a zero balance. Or is that something we can control globally?

10 answers to this question

great info Dominic, we are new on this too...another question, do the domain order also should wait the manual approval? or the domains registrations are automatic if the payment i successful?

Thanx!

I don't think this question has been answered yet. I have an enom account too and want to know if I can leave new domain registrations to manual approval or does the api proceed as soon as payment is made?

I can see how in Products and Services (under the server settings tab) you can set rules for the api but I can't see where you can do that for domains.

great info Dominic, we are new on this too...another question, do the domain order also should wait the manual approval? or the domains registrations are automatic if the payment i successful?

Thanx!

I don't think this question has been answered yet. I have an enom account too and want to know if I can leave new domain registrations to manual approval or does the api proceed as soon as payment is made?

I can see how in Products and Services (under the server settings tab) you can set rules for the api but I can't see where you can do that for domains.

As I said in my reply, it's under Configuration > Domain pricing. You can then set the automatic registration on a per-TLD basis :)

Sorry, forgive me but the Automatic Registration on that page is not a solution to this. That simply means that automatic registration will take place with 'Enom' 'DirectI' or whoever else. If I want to specify Automatic Registration with Enom, but have the order placed on 'hold' from what I can see, you can't do that. If you could, the column in the section you mention wouldn't be called 'Automatic Registration' but would be called, 'Select Registrar'.

This kind of digresses away from the first point of this thread though and I think it would be a good feature to have in WHMCS so as it doesn't appear to exist I'll add it to the Feature Request section.

Thanks.

Ah ok. I'm just getting my head round the logic of WHMCS after using another product. So if I specify 'none' I can then assign a registrar value (enom, directi etc) during the manual approval process. That makes sense. Thanks.