Modify a Clients IPN URL

xpise27

I have several clients that have an old IPN URL. I have other clients with a new IPN URL.

I'm needing to update/modify an individual clients old notification URL to the new one.

The IPNs with the old URL are failing

I received this from the PayPal Merchant Technical Support:

You can modify one client's IPN url by adding PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NOTIFYURL to your Do Express Checkout API call. If you are using PayPal Standard, use NOTIFY_URL. In both cases you set it equal to the URL the customer is trying to use for their IPN URL.

You can also update it from within PayPal.com under profile- My selling tools- Instant Payment Notification, however if you pass the IPN url in your API call, the URL in the API call will override what is in the PayPal account. Your API call is found within your software, and there is no general instructions on finding it, as it depends on the design of the software being used and the type of server you have.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Regrettably this is not something you could customise in WHMCS. You could try creating a 302 redirect form the old IPN location to the new one.

However the only guaranteed way to make this work is to cancel the PayPal Subscriptions and have the client create a new one at the new location when their next invoice is generated.