Adding past due amount to new invoices

costlow

I have noticed that when our invoices are emailed they do not mention any previous outstanding balance on the account, just the current month's charges. How do we set it up to show a complete total of all amounts owed, bringing in the previous month's outstanding balance if it hasn't been paid at the time the next bill generates.

ie: July bill = $10

Aug bill= $10

If Aug bill generates on 8/1 and the July bill hasn't been paid it should show $20, not $10

if you mean changing the email template to include outstanding totals, then I think that would be possible... if you're thinking of customising the pdf invoice, then that would likely be a little more complicated!

it's late at night, so i'll take a look at the email templates tomorrow.

For at least the email, you could use {$invoice_total_balance_due} .

I haven't had time today to look into this, but I think {$client_due_invoices_balance} might be a better bet... steven99's suggestion might give the total due on the current invoice (perhaps taking into account any credit balance) - but I could be wrong.

probably the best way for you to test this would be to setup a dummy customer... change the email template to show both the above variables, and order two products separately... then hopefully the second email invoice will show you which variable to use.

if so, let us know which in case others wish to use this in the future.