[Case #2989] Unexpected payment method value. During downgrade.

After upgrading to the latest release 5.2.7 I notice a new bug in the WHMCS.

When a client is downgrading or upgrading his hostingpackage leaving them with an invoice of 0 then the system returns a blank page with:

Unexpected payment method value. Exiting

The upgrade/downgrade however is executed correctly. But the error should not appear!

I get the same message, but when a customer processes a $0 balance item, for example a free trial item. I have the free item in a product category that uses a hidden gateway (mail-in payment) that is identified as "free". The error only appears when the gateway is marked as hidden. If I check "Show on Order Form", the error does not appear.

In my WHMCS installation the payment option is not hidden. During upgrade the clients can even choose between banktransfer and Ideal. It doesnt matter what the clients selects. Both payment options result in the error: Unexpected payment method value. Exiting

I have not had any response from WHMCS. Please fix this bug.

Hello,

I'm currently unable to reproduce this. I've created two products with the identical price, had my user purchase an initial product, and pay the invoice. I then upgraded that user to a different product with the identical price. Total due was 0.00, and I was able to process the order.

Can you clarify the steps you're performing to cause this and which version specifically?

Hi Chris,

John has responded to this issue and he has seen the bug himself. He created a bug report for this: case #2989

The bug appears when you upgrade from 1 hosting package to another leaving the invoice due 0.00. Mostly this happens when people downgrade. They then click on proceed and they end up at a blank page with the error.

• 2 weeks later...