Why can't we insert KB content into ticket responses?

Seiya

We create KB articles in response to our most FAQ's. However a large % of customers send in tickets with the same questions, so we can either send them the KB links or duplicate the content of the KB in a predefined reply. We feel strongly that providing the answers in the ticket is much more personal than sending a URL. So today, we more or less have our entire KB database replicated as predefined replies which not ideal for obvious reasons.

Why can't we insert the content of a KB article into a ticket response just like we do with pre-defined replies? Obviously the html would need to be stripped but I don't see that as a major issue. If this is a feature already suggested please let me know, I cannot find any reference on the forum or feature tracker. Thanks!

Stripping out the html would more or less make the kb articles useless in the ticket thread as they normally contain pics, links, tables, highlights etc.

Also, I'm not sure why sending a customer to a knowledgebase is less personal. It depends how you present it to them. At the end of the day, better to train them to use the knowledgebase with html etc, than answer their query without html formatting. Not really sure this is a 'feature' that would make things better. Just my thought.

Stripping out the html would more or less make the kb articles useless in the ticket thread as they normally contain pics, links, tables, highlights etc.

Also, I'm not sure why sending a customer to a knowledgebase is less personal. It depends how you present it to them. At the end of the day, better to train them to use the knowledgebase with html etc, than answer their query without html formatting. Not really sure this is a 'feature' that would make things better. Just my thought.

Yes I agree, this wouldn't work for KB articles with pics/tables etc. It's more for the 'What forms of payments do you accept?' with a single sentence answer. You have a point about training them to use the KB but I do feel that an answer such as 'Hi x, please refer to <link> for you answer' is less friendly than an actual answer.

Like I say, think it's how you frame it.

Hi name,

Thanks for the ticket.

This is my short answer......Yes, no, etc.

A more detailed answer on this matter can be found in our extensive and searchable knowledgebase and specifically in the ABC section: http://link

Should you still require support after reading the article, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Signed off.

-------------

We have used that approach for many years with no issues and have hundreds of customers who now appreciate the ability to use the knowledgebase themselves. I just think you need a standardised approach and not a different one depending on the support question - (detailed or not). each to his/her own way of course :-) Hope this helps.

Like I say, think it's how you frame it.

Hi name,

Thanks for the ticket.

This is my short answer......Yes, no, etc.

A more detailed answer on this matter can be found in our extensive and searchable knowledgebase and specifically in the ABC section: http://link

Should you still require support after reading the article, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Signed off.

Hi Si, thanks, thats actually a very nice way of putting it, we'll look to adopt something similar. Cheers!