Multiple cPanel accounts from one purchase?

Da1

Question

We have multiple dedicated servers and want to do something that I suspect is unusual.

If each of our servers has its own WHM/cPanel install, is there a way that a single purchase in WHMCS can result in cPanel accounts being created on more than one of these dedicated servers?

If I understand correctly, the customer would need to put in specific info for each cPanel created during the order process (eg. sub1-domain.com for one cPanel and sub2.domain.com for the next cPanel, etc.) but that's OK.

What we want to avoid is the customer having to make multiple purchases to get more than one cPanel account created on different servers (or us having to manually add a 2nd or 3rd cPanel to their account, etc.)

3 answers to this question

Would probably make it easier to answer if you provide us with your ultimate goal here so we can advise if its a current software limitation or if this can be achieved outside of WHMCS (server setup)

Do you want data to be automatically synced between the accounts across the servers or for emails to go out with separate cPanel logins for each server?

Thanks for responding (especially since it's a holiday).

I'm fairly certain we would prefer that separate emails, with separate login details, be sent from each box.

However, I hadn't even considered the possibility of the accounts being synced....and if that turns out to be our only option, we could probably make it work too.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. This isn't a function that WHMCS can do out-of-the-box, I'm not even sure cPanel's API can facilitate that. You could probably find a way around it, but it would probably involve creating your own cPanel provisioning module. All the resources you would need as a WHMCS developer are available at http://docs.whmcs.com/Developer_Resources