Make-Or-Break | Paypal Refund/Reversal?

the1boi

Question

Hi! I really am considering your product, but this may break the deal for me so I am going to ask as I can't find it in the documentation anywhere:

Say an order was made, and payment received via paypal. Now, say later in the week there is a reversal of said payment. Is WHMCS notified from paypal of the reversal, say via IPN?

The problem is, with the service we are offering (there will be thousands of customers), as soon as payment is received the service is atuo setup and the customer has direct access. They can, theoretically, go in, make the payment via paypal and immediately go set up a reversal and still have a working product for a month or however long having not paid a dime.

The idea is to have this entire process automated so out staff doesn't have to look at paypal on a daily or hourly basis as I said we will have thousands, maybe tens of thousands of customers and it's just not feasible to sit and monitor paypal all day.

Thank you!!

3 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WHMCS. I can confirm that no action is taken by the software should you receive a dispute or reversal to your PayPal account.

From our own experience we find these types of issue are best dealt with personally and on a case-by-case basis, furthermore there hasn't been demand from our users to add automation in this regard.

I wasn't even aware PayPal offered such an option to integrate 3rd party apps with their dispute system?

Anyway, whilst this isn't possible a useful module if you are expecting many chargebacks is:

https://clients.no-half-pixels.com/whmcs-chargebacks

This allows you to create chargeback cases rather easily & much more organized once you are notified by your payment gateways (PayPal etc...).