Display Domains with Products and Services in Client Area

ralphonz

Most of my clients have only one domain and one hosting package.

It makes much more sense for them to both be displayed under "Products and Services" in the client area and to get rid of the domains page altogether. Most of my clients also classify their domain as a Product or Service so it can be really confusing for them not to mention adding lots of extra clicks when navigating the client area.

Could this be accomplished without tampering with the template files or making a custom template?

p.s. I don't want to make a custom template or change the template files because they keep breaking or get over written with every WHMCS update - kind of makes the whole template system redundant and pointless if you ask me.

Any ideas will be much appreciated!

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Could this be accomplished without tampering with the template files or making a custom template?

I doubt it - but if you only want to move the links from the "Domains" tab to the "Services" tab, then that's straightforward... I guess if you wanted a combined domains & services table, then that's a little more involved.

p.s. I don't want to make a custom template or change the template files because they keep breaking or get over written with every WHMCS update - kind of makes the whole template system redundant and pointless if you ask me.

you're not really supposed to edit the default templates - there's nothing wrong with doing it, but as you've found, when you update WHMCS, you will overwrite your own changes.

I believe that what you are supposed to do is copy one of the existing template folders, rename it, upload this new folder to your templates folder and then goto Admin -> "General Settings" and select your newly uploaded template folder from the dropdown... you can now edit the contents of the folder without fear of overwriting them with future WHMCS updates.

Thanks for taking the time to post,

I guess if you wanted a combined domains & services table, then that's a little more involved.

Yes, i wanted to combine the tables as they're pretty much identical anyway.

you're not really supposed to edit the default templates - there's nothing wrong with doing it, but as you've found, when you update WHMCS, you will overwrite your own changes.

I believe that what you are supposed to do is copy one of the existing template folders, rename it, upload this new folder to your templates folder and then goto Admin -> "General Settings" and select your newly uploaded template folder from the dropdown... you can now edit the contents of the folder without fear of overwriting them with future WHMCS updates.

This is how i made my own template to match the rest of my site a while ago but after several updates there were so many undocumented changes to the default template files that my custom template is now rather useless and i don't have time to make it again or fix it...

If anyone has any information regarding a "more involved" method of combining these pages i'd love to hear it!

you could have two separate tables on the same page - setup the table headings, and then combine the two for loops that create the tables and edit to match your headings.

I doubt you could make it sortable by column if they were combined into one actual table though.