Thinking about buying, but...

Sledro

Question

I have a few questions first.

Q.1 Is the script open source so i can integrate the script into my design.

Q.2 Is there an integrated forum available ?

Q.3 Everything i read about this script is on hosting websites. I am not looking to run a hosting website, rather a software selling website ? Would this suit me ?

Edited by Sledro

4 answers to this question

1. The script is not open source but the template system is fully editable so you can make as many changes as you wish to integrate your design into it.

2. No but there are plugins around to integrate forums, mainly for logging nto the forum itself.

3. Certainly possible, we use it for doing just that.

Q.3 Everything i read about this script is on hosting websites. I am not looking to run a hosting website, rather a software selling website ? Would this suit me ?

Although WHMCS is certainly geared towards the hosting market, it's definitely not restricted to just that.

If you are selling software, WHMCS would be an asset to your business.

Q.2 Is there an integrated forum available ?

-> Their is WHMCSBB.com though it is rather basic and I am unsure of the latest update (if it supports the latest WHMCS). Personally I'd recommend though a more advanced software with a login-share module.

-> As most have already said you can sell pretty much anything with WHMCS though I also wanted to point out WHMCS has an official licensing addon should you want to license your software (http://www.whmcs.com/addons/licensing-addon/) via WHMCS.