domainname stays expired after setting it to active and adjusting the expiry date

In the Domain Registrations report I can see all my domains that are active or expired or cancelled.

Because some customers just pay later then the they should :shock: , a domain-name will be put on expired. I tried to adjust every domainname that has the status expired to 'active' and the Expiry date to the new year.

Everything seemed fine, but until today I checked and every change I made has been set back to the old expiry date, and status Expired. :?

Is there any solution for? And could you fix this as soon as possible?

Regards,

André

• 3 weeks later...

The domain sync probably ran and updated the domains as it is designed to do.

If the domain has expired at the registry and you setup whmcs to use that registry then you should not be manually setting the status. If you set it registrar 'none' it will not update BUT clients will not be able to renew automatically or manage their name servers, contact info.

Lesson here is to educate your customers about what domain expiry actually means to them to ensure they pay on time.