CSS Issues?

Hello,

I am trying to theme my WHMCS to match my new site I am making.

I got the header and footer in, with all of the images working using

{php} include('link to header'); {/php} 

And everything looks great! However, the WHMCS navigation is just a vertical list now,

and all WHMCS CSS has been covered by the CSS meant only for the header.tpl and footer.tpl.

(In the actual head.php for the main site, I linked the CSS files for the main site.)

I'm not that good with CSS and putting a theme WHMCS bugs me, can anyone help me out with this?

EDIT: I've fixed the Nav bar, but the page contents are still using my head.php CSS for font, buttons, bars, etc.

How can I force it to use the WHMCS CSS for this?

Thank you,

Hayden Kohl.

Edited by SharkHost

Without seeing the site itself it's to offer advice.

But if you assign different classes to your elements then you will able to control them externally to the elements in whmcs. CSS is cascading so it is doing what it is supposed to do.

i dont actually understand what you are doing here to be honest, whmcs has a template system that you can use to create all of your site layout in, there should be no reason so far as i can see to be using a php include in whmcs.

Overall the system is so flexible you really shouldnt need to resort to such hacking of the code your applying.

If you want any help integrating properly then there are also plenty of developers and designers that are about to do it. you can also purchase integration from whmcs directly.

I would offer my own services to you but i really dont have the time at the moment, i only popped in because you said css issues, but even there, you didnt give any information with regards to the css coding.

Whenever you are speaking about a problem try to give all the information you can, Also you will find you can use BB code, so if you need show some code, Use [Xcode] css here [X/code]

I ADDED capital X in the tags so they wouldnt execute, just remove them to use the correct tag.

Edited by CDJ Hosting

i dont actually understand what you are doing here to be honest, whmcs has a template system that you can use to create all of your site layout in, there should be no reason so far as i can see to be using a php include in whmcs.

Overall the system is so flexible you really shouldnt need to resort to such hacking of the code your applying.

If you want any help integrating properly then there are also plenty of developers and designers that are about to do it. you can also purchase integration from whmcs directly.

I would offer my own services to you but i really dont have the time at the moment, i only popped in because you said css issues, but even there, you didnt give any information with regards to the css coding.

Whenever you are speaking about a problem try to give all the information you can, Also you will find you can use BB code, so if you need show some code, Use [Xcode] css here [X/code]

I ADDED capital X in the tags so they wouldnt execute, just remove them to use the correct tag.

I was using the template system. header and footer.tpl.

I used php include to avoid editing several files with a load of HTML.

The only issue I have with CSS is that I need the WHMCS page to use it's own CSS, not my headers.

there should be no reason so far as i can see to be using a php include in whmcs.
It's a valid way of including a large amount of specific code without needing to edit and reedit templates extensively on upgrading. A one line call in the new template and you're back, as opposed to inserting all the code it contains each time, with the potential for errors increasing. I see the validity and use it myself.
I would offer my own services to you

That isn't permitted here in the main forums;only in the marketplace. You can only offer advice and suggestions here.