Domain registration bug in 5.2.5

I can confirm this problem, rolled back to the init.php and class.init.php files from 5.2.4, updated the database to reflect the version and it works again.

WHMCS, seriously, quit releasing patches to your code that address security issues related to using the mysql_ functions in PHP and finally start using PDO. This is ridiculous. You keep beating around the bush and costing all of us money due to your inability to use proper database handling code in your application! I've had about enough of these patches that cause more problems than they fix!

Explain to my how "rolling back the files is not a solution" when your team is too incompetent to write proper code and test it? Explain how it's right for us to pay you every month then for you to release updates that break how we make a living? Really? Comments like that make me want to get my own custom panel developed and not rely on this trash. Probably if I took all the money I spent on WHMCS and will spend in the future, I would get something bug-free, secure, and intuitive for both clients and staff/admins.

Explain to my how "rolling back the files is not a solution"

Rolling back is not a solution in terms of addressing a security concern.

Wow, apparently I need moderator approval now? If you treat a paying customer with 4-5 licenses, licensing addon, mobile addon, etc... like crap, I will treat you like crap.

I'm not sure why your message was set to pending moderator approval. However it was not done manually.

Wow, apparently I need moderator approval now? If you treat a paying customer with 4-5 licenses, licensing addon, mobile addon, etc... like crap, I will treat you like crap.

You came in already treating them like crap instead of being civil and professional.

You came in already treating them like crap instead of being civil and professional.

True, I ended up being unprofessional and it was bad judgetment and I apologize for that.

But surely you understand it is frustrating that every WHMCS updates breaks things!

True, I ended up being unprofessional and it was bad judgetment and I apologize for that.

But surely you understand it is frustrating that every WHMCS updates breaks things!

I'm not arguing with this or asking you to curve your responses - I personally apologize for the issue that it caused.

Has your support ticket been resolved? If not, please provide the ticket id and I'll update it.

I'm not arguing with this or asking you to curve your responses - I personally apologize for the issue that it caused.

Has your support ticket been resolved? If not, please provide the ticket id and I'll update it.

My ticket is still unresolved.

[Ticket ID: BYU-535926] 5.2.5 Domain Ordering Broken‏

Very much so. I always found I receive better results being professional and having a little patience out of the box rather than putting people on the defensive. Sometimes it does lead to having to get more aggressive... But

@WHMCS Chris, will you release WHMCS 5.2.6 when the domain ordering bug is fixed, or will the existing patch be updated? If so, how can we know when it is fixed or not? I ask, because previous experience I have with WHMCS silently fixing bugs in existing versions. So please make a new version, or at least a new blog post, when you have fixed the bug. I will wait and not attempt a upgrade until this is fixed.

I agree, silently patching an existing patch without incrementing the version number does not allow the people who already applied a broken patch to know that they need to re-apply the patch.

Increment the version number, publicly announce the incompetence and apologize. Let everyone know that you screwed up and possibly cost everyone a bunch of sales and apologize.

This type of customer service is unacceptable, own up to your mistakes and make it right. People may be safe against SQL Injections but they are losing business!