New Order Form Pages Progress?

I didn't keep on the mailing list for the new order form pages beta, and was wondering how this is going? It has been a LONG time since it started, and it really should not take very much to get some CSS and ajax going to make us a couple order pages that look modern. The current terrible-looking ordering system is WHMCS' weakest part and why I bought a Host Bill license... which they were putting out new order pages all the time. So does anyone have any updates to the progress with these and maybe when we can expect them?

Hello,

It's not solely a matter of CSS & Ajax implementation to redesign the cart process. As it stands, the carts are open source, so changing the CSS & adding some Ajax can be done by anyone with a download of WHMCS.

These are being completely redesigned, re-engineered, and tested for improved CRO based in input from the survey, technical input for implementation, and fine tuning.

There is no ETA, however it's still in progress. There's been a few "done" already, but still in design mode - nothing available to go live.

Hello,

It's not solely a matter of CSS & Ajax implementation to redesign the cart process. As it stands, the carts are open source, so changing the CSS & adding some Ajax can be done by anyone with a download of WHMCS.

These are being completely redesigned, re-engineered, and tested for improved CRO based in input from the survey, technical input for implementation, and fine tuning.

There is no ETA, however it's still in progress. There's been a few "done" already, but still in design mode - nothing available to go live.

If you need help evaluating, I am happy to be of service.

Thank you for the update! There was just a complete lack of information about the progress anywhere. And I'm glad to see you're taking such a whole-system approach to the design. I just hope we're able to utilize it soon. Even a loose timeline would help, as a lot of people that may be leaving WHMCS due to the horrible default ordering, or those that might be at say, HostBill, but wanting to leave/come back to WHMCS, need to know when/if this will become a reality, to know whether to stick to WHMCS or go elsewhere. I wholeheartedly believe it should be the utmost priority, and will be the biggest showcasing feature to come to WHMCS in 2 years. Really appreciate your work in making it happen!

Also, is there an elastic Cloud services configurator, as well as VPS ordering page in the works?

Edited by pvanliew

All the order forms with with VPS. Just down to yourself to make it look the the "VPS ordering page" you wish.

Yes, that goes without saying. Anyone could spend a ton of time and money to skin WHMCS to look like anything they wanted. This is about the "default" new order pages that are being created, because it is where WHMCS lags behind the competition greatly, and is great to see them finally making progress to improving the product in this area, just trying to get details so we can make decisions about which billing software to keep paying for :P

• 4 weeks later...

HostBill, but the owner/developer in Poland has gone off the crazy deep end and is doing many unlawful things with the software licensing and pricing to us, so even though the client ordering looks fantastic, it just can't be trusted for running a business, so it's VERY important that WHMCS get this new client end done ASAP... it's been 6 months at least, that's a LONG time... or else people are going to other things like Blesta and things, when WHMCS should really be the go-to

Looks like a typo in there..

I fixed it before you posted ;)

I really appreciate that you guys are taking a full and well-thought out approach to the client ordering redesign, but it's been a long time, so long that many people already switched, and with an exodus from HostBill, you could regain and gain new customers if you have something functional and looking good. Even just releasing an existing system shared hosting and VPS hosting "ordering pages" would be a huge draw for you, as it's really the only complaint against WHMCS, since everything else works pretty well. just a plea...

Im working on my own full integration, its taking some time believe me. I can see why its taking so long to complete.. but i have to say.. hurry it up please i want to see whats new lol

A full integration can be a nightmare. Especially when WHMCS release an update with template changes and means visiting tpls you thought were long completed. How far are you going? Maybe you could create a thread on this to show it off?

As for the order forms, I really do think they will be worth the wait. We have all managed to progress this far with the current ones. Its only because an overpriced competitor has a few fancy graphical ones people started moaning here.

Hello,

Wow these sound very interesting, this is the first time I'm hearing that new order forms will be implemented. Can't wait to see them. Are they targeted to be in 5.3.0 or will this be in a later release?

A full integration can be a nightmare. Especially when WHMCS release an update with template changes and means visiting tpls you thought were long completed. How far are you going? Maybe you could create a thread on this to show it off?

As for the order forms, I really do think they will be worth the wait. We have all managed to progress this far with the current ones. Its only because an overpriced competitor has a few fancy graphical ones people started moaning here.

+1 There is a nice variety of order forms currently available + the ability to do some customization to fit your needs so it isn't such a needed issue. Though a nice revamp and some more user appealing, easier to use order forms would certainly be nice sooner rather than later :).

• 1 month later...