Allow staff to only have access to certain clients

BumpaRoy

Question

7 answers to this question

I want to allow staff to only see tickets from certain clients. Can this be done?

I have developed a similar module, based on customer groups. I meant, a VIP group, a bulk group, and (no group) , and you can assign your staff to a each group tickets. That is what you need ?

This would be a nice option to add. I'm just setting up everything up and I don't like the idea of sales rep. being able to see all my clients.

You can easily remove the permission for a sales rep to not be able to see your clients (and have the ability to respond to sales tickets).

Go to Setup -> Staff Management -> Administrator Roles -> Select a usergroup and adjust its permissions accordingly.

I would love this feature to restrict support staff to certain clients or client groups?

There is nothing around that does this currently, and I'm sure demand would be high!

How it would work:

1) assign existing clients to a specific new client group - e.g. "Tom's Accounts" (as currently possible in WHMCS)

2) create new administrator e.g. Tom (as currently possible in WHMCS)

3) assign (restrict) administrator Tom to the specific client group "Tom's Accounts" (new)

Therefore, administrator (Tom) can only "see" his assigned client group.

Additional specific permissions for Tom would still be set as normal in the administrator permissions section (that way giving maximum control over what Tom can actually do).

This would mean Tom could not see any of the other clients, or receive tickets etc from other client groups.

What do you think?

I did find this feature request:

https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/ability-to-assign-specific-administrators-to-have-access-to-specific-clients-only