Long standing WHMCS client - Support what has happened ?

DF-Duncan

We have been using WHMCS now in a couple of installs for many years, and have always been impressed by the support given, especially when things have gone wrong and when it has been user error which WHMCS have fixed.

We never have complained when the ball has been dropped, as it happens, however the latest problems from the WHMCS security patch are still on going, yet we have listed a number of faults.

Normally support tickets are responded to in good time, with valid replies, however when a ticket goes 4 days without a reply to a critical problem, we begin to question our on going support for WHMCS.

We have been forced to run a number of install's to find a solution for the problems, all non production:

- solution 1, apply patch given ( did not work, listed faults, no fix given ) Open ticket for this KEF-473190

- solution 2, due to problems listed by other user's on the forum, we avoided going to 5.2.x and thus tried an upgrade to 5.1.5. Different ticket opened WSA-099754 due to different version, fault found and was greeted with a useless reply from Mark about the wanders of 5.2.x and avoided the question and problem we listed. No reply or update for 2 days

- solution 3, try a dev update straight into 5.2.2, install appeared to go ok, but was given an error message to give to support. Open different ticket in regard to this problem BAX-505732 but was informed that we needed to do a fresh database install and that was what was causing the error.

Again, the point of this was an 'upgrade' not a fresh install, so another pointless reply from support

All the solutions above, were 3 different scenarios we have tried, thus the need for 3 tickets, as this is 3 different installs.

We understand problems happen, however this is forced upon us by the security patch which broke many things, this is not us choosing to upgrade/patch but the need to.

We are only looking for a response/acknowledgement of the listed problems, as we are not the only ones, read the bug reports in the forum.

An un happy customer

WHMCS & cPanel investment: Publicly acknowledged it caused an increase in normal sales - Will delay tickets slightly

Big WHMCS update: Going to cause increase in tickets slightly

Big problems in this update: I can only assume the tickets they would get from this with companies left right and center asking for help fixing things etc...

Not a good first quarter year so hopefully things will get better. But a lot has happened so it should kind of be expected!

I don"t know if this will help anybody but you can give it a try. Ever since the upgrade to 5.1 we had constant problems. When the new patch 5.1.5 came into being it did not help very much. (we did backup everything before and did an export on our database both as .csv and .sql)

What we did notice is that it seemed to duplicate every single email template. So what I did was to totally remove all tables in the database, removed all files in the whmcs folder except the config file. Uploaded the new 5.2.2, imported the .csv files of my database and now stuff that had not worked for while is all well and good. It may help because as time goes by all these patches do create additional files that conflict with others.

I'm at 13 days and counting on a support ticket for a non-functional support ticket system. I rarely open a support ticket, and they have all been quickly resolved in the past. This time around the best response so far was "we are investigating the issue". And it takes me several inquiry replies to even get a response.

Now on 6 days since my last support ticket response, event though I've replied a few times asking for an update. For me, support seems to be non-existent at the time.

For some insane reason, their ticket system queues tickets by last response. So if you update your ticket, to the end of the line you go. (Unless this has changed in the last month)

I am in a similar situation. I wait days for them to just respond asking me for login details; does it really takes days to ask that?

Well, armed with that knowledge, I guess I won't respond any more. Not like it does any good anyway, the only responses I get is basically, we're looking in to it, which I have gut feeling the "looking in to it part" stopped when they hit the reply button. I really, REALLY don't want to have to go looking for, and switch to a new system again, but if they aren't going to support this one, I can't go on forever with a broken system.

I even tried a fresh upload (not overwrite) of the 5.2.2 files, just using the old configuration file, and the issue is still there. Just wanted to make sure a file didn't get borked up during the upload of the upgrade.

For some insane reason, their ticket system queues tickets by last response. So if you update your ticket, to the end of the line you go. (Unless this has changed in the last month)

If you are using WHMCS, your ticket system does the same thing. :)

If you are using WHMCS, your ticket system does the same thing. :)

Ya, I know. Good thing we don't get much support inquires. This topic has been address to much length though over the last year or two. No one can figure out the logic, it doesn't make sense. Hopefully they change it at some point...

Here is a weird thought. Organize tickets by date open, not last reply.. I know that's crazy talk

Or at least make WHMCS software more flexible, so that the Admin can choose which ordering method is used in their own install....

You could maybe have these options as a choice for the admin to pick from:

• Order by date ticket was opened
  • Order by date of first customer response to staff comment (ie ignoring date of extra responses that add more info)
  • Order by date of last response (how it is now)

I'm sure there are other ways the tickets could be ordered, and having a choice of methods adds flexibility and potentially frustrates customers less!

Mike

I would but I'm getting tired of having yet another login to keep track of at WHMCS. If WHMCS can't realize that customers are talking about and asking for it in their forums, they're just being lazy and making us do more work for them.

On the login page for Feature Requester, you can click the icon in the top right corner of the login box labelled something like "integrated login" (or something like that). This takes you back to the forum, but when you return back to the features page next time you are already logged in with your forum details.

HOWEVER. You will lose any comment you just wrote on the feature page, so login first before making any comments, and return the features page... THEN write your comment.

END RESULT: only one login shared between the two.

Enjoy...

One login... lol.

So I do that and get this in my email box several seconds later:

Welcome to the Community!

Hello,

Your new password for the Community is below:

Email: (My Forum Email Address)

Password: (A new Random Password)

You can change your profile settings for password, upload avatar and monitor :response_type activity at any time by visiting your profile page.

Please review a brief introduction to the system here: WHMCS Feature Requests System Login & Introduction Page.

If you have any questions, please contact the WHMCS Feature Requests Community Administrator at WHMCS Customer Service.

Regards,

The Community Team

So... yeah... It's another account.

Of course it is, they are two different systems... BUT you don't needed to use and track that login, as you are logged in by your forum account.

Would you have felt happier if you didn't get the email? (so you didn't know how the trickery worked behind the scenes). If that is the case, you could just delete that email and be happier again. You don't need to track this account as you have a single integrated login (using your forum account).

Mike

WHMCS support has gone down lately, ever since cPanel and WHMCS partnered together.

Ticket's solved within 1 day - old WHMCS.

Ticket's not solved still and last reply was me on: 28/03/2013 19:25 - new WHMCS.

Yeah, we have 2 tickets open at the moment. One waiting for them to reply since 27/3/2013 and one waiting for a reply since 6/3/2013. It's not even a complex ticket, it doesn't require much more than a yes/no answer.

It sort of feels like they know that there is no real competition at the moment and so just don't care anymore. Not particularly confidence inspiring anyway.

Edited by LDHosting