Problems with WHMCS 5.2.1 Upgrade - Client Area Reset cPanel Password

davet

I upgraded from 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 then to 5.2.1 early this morning. Things seem ok except when customers try to change their cPanel login details from Services > My Services > View Details > Change Password > it returns INTERNAL SERVER ERROR. They can get to the Change Password page, it just shows the error when they try to change it.

I can change the password just fine from WHMCS admin area.

I turned debugging on within WHMCS and it shows the following:

=====================================================

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WHMCS_Init::get_req_vars() in /home/ioc/public_html/support/clientarea.php on line 0

I tried to submit a support ticket WHMCS about this but their site went down "Service Temporarily Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Any ideas how to fix this?

I upgraded from 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 then to 5.2.1 early this morning. Things seem ok except when customers try to change their cPanel login details from Services > My Services > View Details > Change Password > it returns INTERNAL SERVER ERROR. They can get to the Change Password page, it just shows the error when they try to change it.

I can change the password just fine from WHMCS admin area.

I turned debugging on within WHMCS and it shows the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WHMCS_Init::get_req_vars() in /home/ioc/public_html/support/clientarea.php on line 0

I tried to submit a support ticket WHMCS about this but their site went down "Service Temporarily Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Any ideas how to fix this?

I have the same problems and this is not the only one. My CronJob isn`t working since update (Error 500).

If your earnings are so important to you then why did you not test this first?

I'm sick fed up of people "losing money". Thats not WHMCS fault, its you fault for not testing before you went live.

How to test? Buy two WHMCS licenses?

How to test? Buy two WHMCS licenses?

YES! You need two licenses.

You get a FREE dev licence if you bought through WHMCS direct, otherwise it's $45 one off.

Apart from that, going live on day 1 of a new release is completely nuts. Everyone knows there's going to be wrinkles to iron out. You sit. You wait. You watch the forum. In a week or so's time when there's a consensus on problems, the 3rd party devs have updated their addons and there's possibly a bugfix release, you TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR WORKING SITE, and install the update in the knowledge that it's safe to do so and you know what you're likely to hit.

• 1 month later...
I am also unable to reset the password from clientarea, when somebody tries to get the password reset, they will receive email with the password reset link but on clicking on that link will do nothing and no email sent/receive? how to fix that?

Hi,

I've the same problem.

How to fix it ?

Sorry, but I've 5.2.4 released.

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...