5.2 Security patch crippled - Tickets, Live Chat, Mass mail, Admin Section down

Phobic

As we're getting no response from the support team, I thought I'd ask here - as I can see from other posts, that several other users are having serious problems since upgrading to WHMCS 5.2 after the advised security update.

Most importantly, our tickets and live chat system are entirely down. Tickets are coming back with a JSON install error (our php install is up to date, and, compiled with JSON); this means Customers can't submit tickets, and staff can't read tickets.

Our second line of defense, Live Chat, is also down - citing a server validation issue. We're up to date on payments, have updated Live Chat, and attempted a license reissue; no dice. We're entirely offline.

Mass mailing is down, with the mailer returning with "Invalid email address" on every account; while displaying a valid email.

Finally, our admin section is completely distorted - citing JSon errors, and general display issues. We of course cleared out our server cache, along with our storage cache.

Clients are completely unable to request support, and we're unable to give it; and we're hearing reports that paid orders are also failing. We handle several thousand clients, and this update has absolutely crippled us without warning. We'd almost be better off with a gaping security exploit than this.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be going on at the moment? Or why WHMCS' support team seem to be AWOL?

• 7 months later...

Your not the only one, and I have spent many hours and upset customers.

Mass email not working to update customers, you can add in your list that invoices can't be paid with credit, it logs the customer out . Man this is the most crappy software ever, I regret I swapped from AWBS.