Email Piping Cron Error

Daniel

Whenever the cron runs to pipe email to the support desk, this message is sent to root@domain.com

[b]POP Import Log[/b]
Date: 15/08/2007 22:10:01<hr>Host: mail.mydomain.co.uk
Email: [email]support@mydomain.co.uk[/email]
Authentication Failed<hr>Host: mail.mydomain.co.uk
Email: [email]support@mydomain.co.uk[/email]
Authentication Failed<hr>

Any idea why? The login information that is present in the admin are is correct, i've checked and double checked.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Now getting the same error here. were running php5.2.4 with apache 2.2.6 and have a ticket open with cpanel techs. It appears that for some reason its trying to communicate through ssl.

Heres what i have from my mail-log

Sep 18 14:30:02 server1 pop3d: couriertls: accept: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
Sep 18 14:30:02 server1 pop3d: couriertls: accept: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
Sep 18 14:30:02 server1 pop3d: couriertls: connect: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there any update on this issue? I see the post suggesting a support ticket be submitted, but if multiple people are having the same issue then maybe we can air it here rather than individually submitting tickets.

Many thanks

Pete

I agree.

If you're still having trouble, what worked for me was CHMODing /pipe/pipe.php to 755.

Check your exim logs (assuming you use exim: /var/log/exim_mainlog) and look for:

Child process of virtual_address_pipe transport returned 127 (could mean unable to exec or command does not exist)

Changing the permission on the pipe.php fixed the issue for me (piping worked prior to the last upgrade). You can also try what's suggested here:

http://support.whmcs.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=9&id=22

And if you're on cPanel 11 and using it to set up the forward, doubled check the path when it confirms the forward is made. And for testing, you can also run the pipe.php from the browser.

I don't know if this will help anyone with the specific errors reported in this thread, but I had two problems with pop importing that have been resolved by Matt:

1. A TLS/certificate issue which was solved by adding "$popnotls=true;" to configuration.php.

2. A problem importing html only or text only emails from Thunderbird, where the ticket body would just be blank. Matt gave me an updated pop.php which resolved this.

I don't know if this will help anyone with the specific errors reported in this thread, but I had two problems with pop importing that have been resolved by Matt:

1. A TLS/certificate issue which was solved by adding "$popnotls=true;" to configuration.php.

2. A problem importing html only or text only emails from Thunderbird, where the ticket body would just be blank. Matt gave me an updated pop.php which resolved this.

The person I replied directly underneath ;).

Seems we're seeing the exact symptoms of both items. I've know about item 2, but item 1 caught me by surpirse when we moved our mailserver.

Could you clarify how you accomplished the first issue?

The first item is accomplished by editing the configuration.php file in the root of your whmcs install, and adding this line to the file:

$popnotls=true;

I put it at the end of the code, before the closing php tag on the last line, but it doesn't matter where it's put, as long as it's not before the first line, which is the php open tag, or after the last line, which is the php close tag.