Ordering Customization

PremiumVM

Hello,

I am not sure if this is possible with WHMCS. I know it's possible with Ubersmith, but with their pricing model that is out of the question!

This doesn't need to be done so much for VPS's (although may be useful), but it is mainly Dedicated orders that I'd need this done for. We review all orders manually in order to check against FraudRecord and (usually) MaxMind so we can help fight against fraud.

When a customer orders a server (and preferably, once invoice is paid), we would like the system to automatically open a ticket titled something like "New Order" which will instruct staff that there is a new order waiting for processing so that we can provide updates to the customer via a ticket.

At the moment, when a customer orders a Dedicated Server, we have to manually open a ticket (which may not be for a few hours) asking the customer a few questions about configuration etc. It would be good if the system did this all for us when a new dedicated order is received.

Is something like this possible, and how would it be done?

Regards,

Dominic

Hello othellotech,

You can do it with a hook, or a simple cron

But better would be to add all your questions to the order form in the first place :-)

Yeah, I'd prefer to do it via ticket for logging reasons and then I can ask the client more questions too. I know that GigeNet used to open a ticket for a new order, and some other companies that used Ubersmith.

I've never used a hook before, but will have a look and try to work out how to do that!

Regards,

Dominic

Hello Dominic,

As othellotech said it would definitely be possible with a hook. I don't have much experience with hooks but I'd imagine it would be on the quicker side to setup in comparison to some other requests on this forum as it's just opening a ticket when a order is pending with a complete payment.

Jack

Hello Dominic,

As othellotech said it would definitely be possible with a hook. I don't have much experience with hooks but I'd imagine it would be on the quicker side to setup in comparison to some other requests on this forum as it's just opening a ticket when a order is pending with a complete payment.

Jack

Hi,

Neither do I. I have 0% experience with hooks. I will have a look though and give it a go :P

Dominic