[module] WHMCS Advanced Alerts

No Half Pixels are today announcing a new module which we have released.

The WHMCS Advanced Alerts module is perfect for providing small pieces of information to your visitors.

The module displays on the website just like Growl alerts on an apple mac computer, and the basic style for the alerts is taken from the Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework. (which is easily changed should you need to customise it to your sites design)

The alerts can be created in the admin area using a very easy form. simply select the options, enter the title and content and thats all there is to it. The rest of the intergration is done soley by the module itself using WHMCS hooks system to inject the required content into the webpage.

The alerts can be set to display all the time (for example to display special offers), or be set to display a * number of times and then stop. This is controlled via a cookie so the information is stored between visits.

The alerts can be triggered by many different criteria Client, Multi Client, Client Group, Server, Product, All Clients, and All Visitors. So you can trigger alerts for different situations based on who is logged in and what the alert details.

The module Features:

Alert type

Black Alert (default Growl like style) / Information (Blue) / Warning (Yellow/Orange) / Success (Green) / Error (Red)

Visitor Relationship

A Client, A list of Clients, A Client Group, Clients with Product *, Clients hosted on Server *, All Clients, All Visitors

From and To Dates

The alerts are only triggered between these dates (great for product promotions)

Display Count

Sets how many times the Visitor sees the alert before it is disabled for them (controlled via cookie)

Status

You can Enable/Disable alerts at any time

Multi Lingual Translations

The module fully supports translations for the title and content of the alert

For more information and screenshot please see the product page here:

Where do I locate the bootstrap CSS. I need to have the alert appear lower down on my page as it conflicts with my menu and sits behind it rather than in front of it.

EDIT: OK, found this in the jquery.notice.css file. However, the fear I originally had (my first post) is proving true. I have the alert set to appear 1 time. But it appears on every page I go to on my site. Is there something I'm missing?

Edited by Si

the display times are stored in a cookie for the site, are you sure you have set it 1 times and that you are not clearing the cookies somehow or changing browsers?

Yes Lee, sure to all of the above. I've given you access via support ticket to check it out for me. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Doesn't work with custom themes and there is no directions to deal with that. The addon only works with the default theme and not the portal type ones which is what we use.

hello sgrayban,

i saw you have made this post only 2 hours after submitting a ticket? would you not allow me to help you before giving out what is essenciallay false information?

as i have replied in your ticket with me, the module works on 400+ sites, all of which use different themes, default and custom.

the only reason this would not work with your site would be:

a. your site has javascript errors in the page effecting the modules output.

or

b. your template does not have the {$headoutput}, {$headeroutput}, {$footeroutput} variables within the template that have been added since whmcs updated to version 5.

both of which are not a problem with the module, but with the template in use.

i would be more than happy to help you find a solution to this if you would just reply to my ticket.

regards

If you had posted screen shots of the what it looks like on the client side I wouldn't have wasted your time and mine. I got it working using the default whmcs theme and its definitely not what I thought it did.

So I am asking again for a refund.

your refund has been granted, sorry the product was not what you where looking for.

for other readers, i would just like to confirm there was no issue with the module, it was template errors on the clients part which prevented the module from working.

Lee,

Have always loved your products and your support......but disappointed that your discount code is XMAS and not CHRISTMAS - (the correct and proper meaning of the season). I've no idea as to your personal or business choice for using XMAS, as it may be innocent enough, but to me and others (while we may be the wacky crowd and in the minority), it's something I can't sit silent over and will say it. It should be CHRISTMAS.

Perhaps rather than offending anyone, (even the minority of us), rather than use that, you should use something like TURKEY or CRACKER instead :-)

If we can't say the correct name for the season, maybe it's best to not say it at all.

hello si,

I had no idea you felt so strongly about the name of a promo, i get what your saying, for us who celebrate christmas it is in fact NOT xmas.

The use of that acronym was purely for ease of use, speed, and to make it easier to remember.

im sorry you feel that way, and just for you i've created another promo code with same discounts with the codename of:

TURKEY

as requested, i hope this is suitable for you.

• 11 months later...

hello all,

we have released an update for this module today and it has some great new features:

You can now assign alerts based on clients having a product within a certain group.

There is also now an option to display alerts if a client DOESNT have a certain product.

Ontop of that we have now made it so the alert only shows once per session. so the alert doesn't show on every page load.

check it out:

http://clients.no-half-pixels.com/whmcs-advanced-alerts