WHMCS Demo

Flexuro

Question

6 answers to this question

I read Johns' reply. I think the unspoken reason for wanting the demo to be running the current version is as "proof" that the current version has issues. In other threads Matt has said "there are no known issues" with the current version, though a lot of users have found otherwise.

I also have issue with being told, by Matt, that WHMCS was "using v5.1.2 and had been since May", and yet anyone who knows what to look for can see they are using bootstrap.css v1.4.0, from WHMCS v5.0.3, and *not* the latest version of bootstrap v.2.0.x that came shipped with WHMCS v5.1.2. Claiming "It works for us just fine" and yet not using the full new version isn't honest.

I understand sometimes there's a communication break down within a company. I understand that with as many issues as has been reported about v5.1.2 that things for WHMCS might be a little stressed. I have no problem in waiting for bugs to be fixed. I most certainly DO have a problem with being lied to.

At this stage, I'm reluctantly and hesitantly giving Matt and WHMCS the benefit of the doubt, while watching and waiting for all this to get sorted out.

The demo not running the latest version isn't a big deal, IF there is nothing to hide. If there's no issues, then why 500+ tickets in the queue? And if there's no major issues with v5.1.2, then why not install it in the demo? It there was an official acknowledgement of the issues with the current version, it would be totally different. See what I'm saying?

• WHMCS Support Manager
I also have issue with being told, by Matt, that WHMCS was "using v5.1.2 and had been since May", and yet anyone who knows what to look for can see they are using bootstrap.css v1.4.0, from WHMCS v5.0.3, and *not* the latest version of bootstrap v.2.0.x that came shipped with WHMCS v5.1.2.

It's quite simply really, our member's area template uses the earlier version of Bootstrap. It's perfectly possible to be running version 5.1 and use bootstrap.css v1.4.0, so you can take your tin-foil hat off now ;)

It's quite simply really, our member's area template uses the earlier version of Bootstrap. It's perfectly possible to be running version 5.1 and use bootstrap.css v1.4.0, so you can take your tin-foil hat off now ;)

Congratulations, John. Out of all the replies I've ever had over the years in this forum and from WHMCS support, THIS is the one that will have me looking for an alternative to WHMCS. And thank you so very much for making me feel like a fool for defending you in another thread.

The version of bootstrap is part OF the latest version of WHMCS. It's a component *OF* WHMCS. Class names have been changed, both in bootstrap AND in the WHMCS templates to reflect this. And for all any of us knew, the new version of WHMCS was dependent ON the new version of bootstrap. Otherwise, why would it have been included???? Seriously?

Nowhere in the release notes for v5.1.2 does it state anything about using or not using the new bootstrap. Since replacing a css file is a 5 second proposition, I'd have to assume there's a reason WHMCS.com didn't, that you knew there was a problem, and by your attitude here it's clear you also know.

Your response really takes the cake.

At this stage, I'm reluctantly and hesitantly giving Matt and WHMCS the benefit of the doubt, while watching and waiting for all this to get sorted out.

Rescinded. Thanks John for showing me where WHMCS really stands and how you *really* feel about your users/customers. Good job.