CSS / XHTML Single Page Order Form

Jordan

I've been really busy working on turning the portal template in a fully XHTML valid CSS based layout, but I've been sort of putting it off. Today I started working on "prettying" up the single page order form.

I plan on offering this through a website I have created for custom templates for WHMCS, and was just looking to have some input from other members here on them.

Currently the form is being set up to utilize unordered lists (in lieu of tables) as well as some other features (hover class when selecting a radio button (product), though it does not work in IE).

There have been a few other minor addons (at the bottom of the order form, it will display that the IP is being logged, et cetera. However unlike the past form that has been contributed, this will actually flow better, and uses CSS to stylize it.)

Since it's going to be available to purchase (I believe $10 is far enough, right?) what would you want to see with this order form?

Any input would help since I am really doing this for other people that would want to use it =)

I would love to see an XHTML/css validated single page order form. Would prefer that it used true AJAX and not just js and iframes.

I agree with you on using ajax and not just js/iframes. Unfortunately I don't have the patience right now to work on something like that (especially considering that I haven't messed with ajax outside of lightbox).

In time, but for the order form I'm redoing right now, it's namely just making it easier to stylize using CSS and cleaning it up so that it's void of tables (aside from when it's displaying tabular data, which still will utilize CSS =)).

I would love to see an XHTML/css validated single page order form. Would prefer that it used true AJAX and not just js and iframes.

I agree with you on using ajax and not just js/iframes. Unfortunately I don't have the patience right now to work on something like that (especially considering that I haven't messed with ajax outside of lightbox).

In time, but for the order form I'm redoing right now, it's namely just making it easier to stylize using CSS and cleaning it up so that it's void of tables (aside from when it's displaying tabular data, which still will utilize CSS =)).

Thats completely fair, it was more a side note. The XHMTL/CSS validation is the more important feature to me.

MACscr

would you tell me how much an ajax (true ajax ) order form is worth for you ? i mean if i make it ,how much would you pay for it ?

I am just curious :)

MACscr

would you tell me how much an ajax (true ajax ) order form is worth for you ? i mean if i make it ,how much would you pay for it ?

All depends on if you add any more functionality. If you added a little box that updated the prices as you go through the steps, then i would be willing to pay $20-30. Obviously that doesnt sound like a lot for a single order, but if your selling it to a lot of people, then it would work out well.

like a said though, the ajax part really isnt the big issue to me, I would really prefer people to just use valid code if they are going to sell something. Its kind of a peeve of mine.

MACscr

All depends on if you add any more functionality. If you added a little box that updated the prices as you go through the steps, then i would be willing to pay $20-30. Obviously that doesnt sound like a lot for a single order, but if your selling it to a lot of people, then it would work out well.

like a said though, the ajax part really isnt the big issue to me, I would really prefer people to just use valid code if they are going to sell something. Its kind of a peeve of mine.

you wll be the first one to review it when done , just like the last order form .

What benefit over the standard forms would this bring, forgetting about the valid xhtml part.

Validated XHTML isn't a large benefit from it, other than the coding being cleaned up. However, this will be cross browser compliant (though the li:hover will not work for IE, though this isn't something that will be of a loss), as well as using CSS.

Various elements (unordered lists, headings, span classes, etc) will be set up so that when you edit the stylesheet, that's all you will have to do.

There will also be a few images used to accentuate some of the forms details.

Why, for Buzzword Compliance? :P

Eh, your right, more of just a preference. There are pro and cons to both styles. I didnt meant to imply it was a deal breaker. The valid code part is though. I dont want me site to not validate because of a third party not wanting to spend enough time to create valid code like i did.

Sounds great :D

Currently the form is being set up to utilize unordered lists (in lieu of tables) as well as some other features (hover class when selecting a radio button (product), though it does not work in IE).

I hope you're using ordered lists and tables where applicable, though :)

You could use whatever:hover if you need to do li:hover.

And lastly...I hope there's some egregious, gorgeous Scriptalicious usage :D

Is the current single page ordering system not Ajax then???

your correct, its just js and iframes, there is no XHR as far as i know.

Ahh ok. Ajax is one of those things that I've never played around with so not really sure what it would look like or how it would function.

I'd be interested in seeing what Jordan and joe123 come up with...

• 1 month later...

I ended up finishing the order form in the beginning of August, but was only using it for my own website.

Needless to say I spent almost all of today getting rid of specific items (that were for my site) and creating a more general aspect with it.

Some of the features

- All styles are based on CSS; You can change everything through CSS and leave the .tpl files as is!

- Almost all elements are using css, but a few things have remained the same since they require tables, and it was easier to just leave it that way.

- I went ahead and got rid of the inline styles; All of that is in the CSS file ;P

- Included a few images to pretty up various elements (available/unavailable for domain registration/transfer), error message for well, error messages! And a pretty little lock for SSL/IP log warning.

- Seems to work smoothly in IE6/7, FF. I haven't tested it in Opera, or Linux based browsers.

- The download would feature .tpl files, css file, and an image folder. Instructions would be included to "install," although it is really simple.

- ALL styles that are used, are specific to the order form. Anything that could be general to your site, has been applied to various div id's and classes, so that it won't mess up your CSS if you had have it specific. EG MyWHMCS H3 style won't break your H3 style.. 'Cos it's been applied to div #name here :P

There are a few things I will be changing, but they're minute and not anything you'll really notice (eg: just making the tables more.. "strict".)

Want to check it out in action?

http://mywhmcs.com/order.php

Let me know what you think, what you hate, what I should add and/or change.

If you come across any errors/bugs, let me know! I've been staring at it for awhile, so an error to you, may look okay to me! :P

ps - you can go ahead and create fake orders to test it out.

I ended up finishing the order form in the beginning of August, but was only using it for my own website.

Needless to say I spent almost all of today getting rid of specific items (that were for my site) and creating a more general aspect with it.

Some of the features

- All styles are based on CSS; You can change everything through CSS and leave the .tpl files as is!

- Almost all elements are using css, but a few things have remained the same since they require tables, and it was easier to just leave it that way.

- I went ahead and got rid of the inline styles; All of that is in the CSS file ;P

- Included a few images to pretty up various elements (available/unavailable for domain registration/transfer), error message for well, error messages! And a pretty little lock for SSL/IP log warning.

- Seems to work smoothly in IE6/7, FF. I haven't tested it in Opera, or Linux based browsers.

- The download would feature .tpl files, css file, and an image folder. Instructions would be included to "install," although it is really simple.

- ALL styles that are used, are specific to the order form. Anything that could be general to your site, has been applied to various div id's and classes, so that it won't mess up your CSS if you had have it specific. EG MyWHMCS H3 style won't break your H3 style.. 'Cos it's been applied to div #name here :P

There are a few things I will be changing, but they're minute and not anything you'll really notice (eg: just making the tables more.. "strict".)

Want to check it out in action?

http://mywhmcs.com/order.php

Let me know what you think, what you hate, what I should add and/or change.

If you come across any errors/bugs, let me know! I've been staring at it for awhile, so an error to you, may look okay to me! :P

ps - you can go ahead and create fake orders to test it out.

Looks great, but users still have no way of going back and changing one of their selections without just starting over. =(

Thats the reason why im not going to use any of the single page order forms i have seen so far.

Jon, you were sent an email with the information yesterday. I'm not sure why it didn't send any emails out to you.

Regardless, log into your client section (http://mywhmcs.com/clientarea.php) and review the support ticket area. I had opened up the ticket with necessary information, and the .zip file with your order forms :)

And in regards to modifying selections, are you referring to various elements within each template(.tpl) file?