Domain Registrations/Renewals Failing

Si

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is another bug that could be related to this domain issue and was introduced in 5.1.2 as well - the licensing module and product downloads do not auto-activate when payment is made, when they are set to:

"Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received"

We have to manually accept these orders or else the clients do not get to download their product and they are not issued a license because both are in "pending" status until the order is manually accepted. This was working fine in 5.0 but has been broken since update to 5.1.2.

Just thought I would add this here because it seems the domain orders are also needing to be manually accepted, so the issues could be related.

I've been with WHMCS long enough to have the peace of mind that they will fix this and that Matt will sort it. At present this has been a major inconvenience and is causing us more work than normal. (Lots of room for human error here). Sadly, the one thing this has made me conclude is that I will not be upgrading so quickly in the future. (Security issues excepted of course). There are obvious issues with the beta testing, but I can't put us through this again. We feel like we've been beta testing in a live environment for the past week.

Matt, we are actively watching this thread continuously for news from you of a patch release so that we can upload and sort this out.

still waiting this bug update.. last script that attached on my ticket still not work yet.

BTW I think as developer you should know what feature that you change and it history.. so why not you revert this related function or files back to previous version?

still waiting this bug update.. last script that attached on my ticket still not work yet.

BTW I think as developer you should know what feature that you change and it history.. so why not you revert this related function or files back to previous version?

Hi I note this is your second post on the forum, so assuming you are a new user of WHMCS. In defence of WHMCS and Matt, this is unusual for them. I think I've done 25+ upgrades over the years with them, and this is beyond anything I've ever experienced, so it's not normal and so in answer to your question, I believe there were some major core issues changed in 5.1.2 which customers (like me) have implemented and so, it is not possible to 'roll back'. If that had been possible, believe me, whether WHMCS had rolled back or not, we would have.

I have confidence that it will be sorted :-)

Hi I note this is your second post on the forum, so assuming you are a new user of WHMCS. In defence of WHMCS and Matt, this is unusual for them. I think I've done 25+ upgrades over the years with them, and this is beyond anything I've ever experienced, so it's not normal and so in answer to your question, I believe there were some major core issues changed in 5.1.2 which customers (like me) have implemented and so, it is not possible to 'roll back'. If that had been possible, believe me, whether WHMCS had rolled back or not, we would have.

I have confidence that it will be sorted :-)

:) I'm using whmcs since 2007 .. so I'm not new user.. I post here because not get any reply form WHMCS more than 30hours.

I meant not rollback all functions.. but just related functions (domain registration and transfer).

• WHMCS CEO
There is another bug that could be related to this domain issue and was introduced in 5.1.2 as well - the licensing module and product downloads do not auto-activate when payment is made, when they are set to:

"Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received"

We have to manually accept these orders or else the clients do not get to download their product and they are not issued a license because both are in "pending" status until the order is manually accepted. This was working fine in 5.0 but has been broken since update to 5.1.2.

Just thought I would add this here because it seems the domain orders are also needing to be manually accepted, so the issues could be related.

They definitely do work as that's what we use in our WHMCS here. What's your ticket number?

Matt

They definitely do work as that's what we use in our WHMCS here. What's your ticket number?

Matt

Ticket #659190 - could really use some help as we are getting refund requests for almost every purchase when the client can not download their product or get a license immediately. They just go buy something from our competition instead of waiting.

Please fix this urgently. WHMCS is taking too much time to release new versions and when a new version is launched, some of the most important functionalities have bugs that make us loose orders, customers and make us have more work and the need to verify each action we do in order to prevent future problems (like the expiracy date issue).

I like WHMCS, but i think you should adopt new ways to provide fixes/patchs for bugs that are found after the release of a version faster and that full fix the problems. Also, it would be great if you could give us an "history" of the patch version, as i think i have already seen at least 3 different versions for the patch you provided to the problem reported in this thread and none of them seems to solve the problem.

Currently, we are manually reviewing the renewal and registrations of all domains on our system, using the TODO list and this is far from ideal. At least it is a solution for now, but we do need this sorted. We had plans to launch new services this month, based around domain names, but obviously none of that is happening now.

It would be good to have an update from Matt or someone at WHMCS re this. Just so we know where we are and that they are actively progressing it. We're all walking in the dark here WHMCS!

I posted another thread re this being a Nominet issue, but it seems from other posts in other sections of the forums it is more widespread. Here's my scenario on Nominet.

Customer registers a new domain:

They receive email confirming domain registration (BUT Domain is NOT registered)

I have to manually process the domain using the Register button in WHMCS. (Domain Registers successfully)

However the expiry date shows: 00/00/0000 (So I have to manually input this)

The status of the domain shows: Pending (So I have to change this to ACTIVE)

Customer renews a domain:

Customer receives an email confirming domain is renewed (BUT Domain is NOT renewed)

Again, like registration, I manually hit the renewal button in WHMCS (Domain is renewed)

The expiry date is NOT updated (So I update the expiry date manually again)

None of this has anything to do with the cron. (I now understand that). My mistake previously. But Matt has pointed out that the above should all happen without any manual intervention required. It's not happening that way for me.

If you have an issue like the above, please make WHMCS know about it by adding your comments to this post. (Whatever your registrar api might be)

We need as many people to support this to make WHMCS staff recognise it as an important core issue that needs addressed. Thank you.

Having the same problem. I am using ResellerClub.

yeah patch not working here either........ since applying the patch get :-

this was from a customer renewal of domain

Registrar Error

Error: Connecting to ssl://epp.nominet.org.uk on port 700.

The error message was '' (code 0)

Press the renew button in whmcs domain page and the domain renews.

Edited by lance

OK the last patch is works..

Thanks for update, may be on future you must check all features before send it to us as STABLE version.

And please next if there is a problem and you working on it give us the progress, don't leave us alone and thinking not good to you.

Edited by ceo.ahlul

Ok things seemt o be working a little now with some updates from Si.... thanks for that

One thing, when a domain is transferred in it shows pending transfer, the cron run would then update this to active and update the renewal/expiry dates etc..... the cron that runs now is not doing that, its no detecting domain at all, when manually set from pending transfer to active, the cron then picks up the domain and updates it.... did the 5.0.3 update the domain to active once the cron run???

Matt

If you are indeed using v5.1.2 in the WHMCS version of WHMCS, how did you get the buttons and other overall look to be the same as v5.0.3? The changes in bootstrap.css have completely changed the look of the buttons. Yet you still have the "old" look. Id' be happy to post screenshots.

If you are truly using v5.1.2, please share how you reverted/overrode the bootstrap.css changes. And then it would be helpful to disclose a *complete* list of all template changes.

• WHMCS CEO
If you are indeed using v5.1.2 in the WHMCS version of WHMCS, how did you get the buttons and other overall look to be the same as v5.0.3? The changes in bootstrap.css have completely changed the look of the buttons. Yet you still have the "old" look. Id' be happy to post screenshots.

If you are truly using v5.1.2, please share how you reverted/overrode the bootstrap.css changes. And then it would be helpful to disclose a *complete* list of all template changes.

You don't necessarily have to update the underlying bootstrap class unless. Just applying the functionality changes from the changed template files listed in the release notes to your existing custom template works just as well.

Matt

Matt

You don't necessarily have to update the underlying bootstrap class unless. Just applying the functionality changes from the changed template files listed in the release notes to your existing custom template works just as well.

If that would have been documented somewhere, I would have tried without the updated bootstrap.css. I had no idea they would change class names and button colors so radically. Changing "btn primary" to "btn-primary" negates and overrides anyone would have had. Normally a button styling would be easy to change/override, but with bootstrap it's spread out over 10-15 different sections.

I also found templates that *had* been changed, yet not on the list of changed templates (one posted about in "Bug Reports"). I uploaded the changed templates (after verifying customizations where synced), and with the new bootstrap.css and whmcs.css, some pages where completely out of whack, because the style/class names had changed in the new CSS.

Had *ALL* changes been documented, this wouldn't be a problem. There's not a reason in the world bootstrap "developers" couldn't have made the style/class names backwards compatible, but they didn't. Their changes aren't on you, but if you're going to use it as a base for WHMCS, then the right thing to do would be to give us the heads up on the changes.