HostGator Acquired - Precautionary Measure?

jrianto

Why is it whenever a business owner builds a large and successful business and then sells it customers say they have been let down?? I mean what on earth has it got to do with them??? It's up to a business owner to decide when to sell, hell it's exactly what I plan to do some day...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it whenever a business owner builds a large and successful business and then sells it customers say they have been let down?? I mean what on earth has it got to do with them??? It's up to a business owner to decide when to sell, hell it's exactly what I plan to do some day...

Agreed :-) but then again... look what happened at WHA ;)

Agreed :-) but then again... look what happened at WHA ;)

but on the other hand look at other industries.

Vauxhall and Opal etc. taken over by General Motors

Volkswagen owns:

Audi

-Bentley

-Bugatti

-Lamborghini

-SEAT

-Skoda

has these caused issues or problems

its all called business (brands/divisions are sold and bought every day)

but on the other hand look at other industries.

Vauxhall and Opal etc. taken over by General Motors

Volkswagen owns:

Audi

-Bentley

-Bugatti

-Lamborghini

-SEAT

-Skoda

has these caused issues or problems

its all called business (brands/divisions are sold and bought every day)

What on earth has that got to do with anything? GM bought Vauxhall and Opel in the 1920s and I rather doubt you are old enough to remember when they still built cars in South London and whether the quality of the product declined as a result of the acquisition.

It is however a fact that every acquisition by EIG has been a big mess for a big slice of the newly bought customer base, so the odds of things improving are not high based on their track record to date. I'd call that being let down when the HG founder knowingly sells to a bunch of bean counters who care nothing for service, but it also makes me happy as we always pick up a bunch of business after these takeovers...

a lot of action here...

we have been very happy with HostGator's reseller program for the last 5 years. For a second let's assume that the deal is going through... If things do go downhill it will be gradual, so let's start planning.

Other good hosting companies out there?

Have a 'backup' account with startlogic. They use a special 'vDeck' control panel that is not WHMCS compatible.