Promotions and SSL

palmtree

Question

I have been looking forever for a solution with BluePay AND Bluepay e-checks. Thank you for that. I was testing everything in the demo...I'm assuming I need SSL as the screens are not secure when putting in credit card information.

Also, on using the promotion codes and attaching them to services.

I'm assuming a "promotion" code box comes up or something? I was trying to view one on a dummy invoice and the invoice didn't send due to the cron job routine. I wanted to see if when viewing the invoice, there was a place to put in the coupon code and have it come off the balance. I just created a new invoice and there was no drop-down for the product I selected, just a box for regular text. I did create the invoice after that based on the product but couldn't find out where the promo code box was when I tried viewing it.

Thanks!!

4 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

There is a Promotional Code field on the checkout page of the order form for clients to enter their promotional code, the discount will be displayed on the checkout page and also as a line item in the invoice.

Promotional codes can also be added respectively by staff via the client's Products/Services tab in the admin area from the Promotions dropdown menu. But you also need to adjust the Recurring Amount downwards to reflect the discounted price. The discount will be displayed in any subsequent invoices generated.

Hi John. Thanks for responding. So it will show on the invoice as well? I really don't sell anything other than my services so I was hoping to use the promo codes on the invoices as well.

So my understanding would be to setup the promo code, attach it to the product, add the product to the invoice and then give the customer the code. Then when the customer logs in and sees their invoice and are ready to pay, a box is displayed with the promo code prompt then it will deduct from invoice?

Hey John. I was waiting on one more response if you have time please.

Hi John. Thanks for responding. So it will show on the invoice as well? I really don't sell anything other than my services so I was hoping to use the promo codes on the invoices as well.

So my understanding would be to setup the promo code, attach it to the product, add the product to the invoice and then give the customer the code. Then when the customer logs in and sees their invoice and are ready to pay, a box is displayed with the promo code prompt then it will deduct from invoice?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

For the fastest response from a member of staff please contact our pre-sales team (http://www.whmcs.com/about/contact/). I do try and get on the forums when I have time but they are primarily for user-to-user support.

The promo code is displayed on the invoice that's correct and it will show the discounted amount on a separate line deducted from the product's price.

The client places their order and on the checkout page there's an option to enter the promo code in order to receive the discount.